www.jadusmotorcycleparts.com

www.bisonmotorsports.com

www.speedmotoco.com

www.cognitomoto.com

www.townmoto.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.Moto-Madness.com

www.pistonsociety.com

Author Topic: CB 350F Getting there...slowly !!  (Read 20485 times)

Offline 1fasgsxr

Re: CB 350F saved from a lonely life outside...
« Reply #60 on: Jun 19, 2013, 21:10:25 »
Got my spokes in the other day...Buchanan should really re-consider the "B" stamped on them...am I the only one that thinks it looks like a flaw or a cast mark??...needless to say I am sanding them off..it will add a cpl of days to getting my wheels laced up but I just can't deal with them looking like that. ;D

Offline 1fasgsxr

« Reply #61 on: Jul 05, 2013, 17:42:31 »
Got my rear wheel laced up....pulled a bone head move and forgot to put the spacer in the wheel between the bearings...hope I can get one side out pretty easy...I would be pissed if I screwed one up... >:(

Offline Tim

• Administrator
  • DTT SUPPORTER
    • DO THE TON
« Reply #62 on: Jul 05, 2013, 18:02:00 »
The B on the spokes is what helps you prove to anyone you sell the bike to that it has quality stainless spokes on it :)

Nice wheels!  I think you'd be best off replacing the bearing you have to pull for the $10 or so they cost.
"Quality . . . you know what it is, yet you don't know what it is. But that's self-contradictory. But some things are better than others, that is, they have more quality. But when you try to say what the quality is, apart from the things that have it, it all goes poof! There's nothing to talk about. But if you can't say what Quality is, how do you know what it is, or how do you know that it even exists? If no one knows what it is, then for all practical purposes it doesn't exist at all. But for all practical purposes it really does exist."

Offline 1fasgsxr

« Reply #63 on: Jul 05, 2013, 20:44:05 »
The B on the spokes is what helps you prove to anyone you sell the bike to that it has quality stainless spokes on it :)

Nice wheels!  I think you'd be best off replacing the bearing you have to pull for the $10 or so they cost.
I have a receipt to prove that kind of stuff....lol....it all depends on how hard I have to smack it to get it out....

Offline Hoosier Daddy

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • Earache my eye...
« Reply #64 on: Jul 06, 2013, 06:55:34 »
I have a receipt to prove that kind of stuff....lol....it all depends on how hard I have to smack it to get it out....
I you smack it hard enough that you are thinking it may not be worth the hassel of removing, you've probably damaged the rollers and now have to replace it. I wonder if without that spacer you could go at an angle and hit only on the outter race?
« Last Edit: Jul 06, 2013, 06:57:54 by Hoosier Daddy »
“Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self esteem, why don’t you just make sure that you’re just not in fact surrounded by a bunch of assholes, alright?”

JAILBAIT '67 BSA 441 Victor Roadster
STAY CLEAN '67 BSA Spitfire
ROCK-IT '81 CB750C
BOMBER '81 GL1100
OVERKILL '80 GS750
NO CLASS '72 CB450 K5

Offline 1fasgsxr

« Reply #65 on: Jul 06, 2013, 20:03:32 »
I you smack it hard enough that you are thinking it may not be worth the hassel of removing, you've probably damaged the rollers and now have to replace it. I wonder if without that spacer you could go at an angle and hit only on the outter race?
yes I can get a good bit of the outside...if I could only hit on the inside race I would not use it again for sure...I am having a real time getting this wheel trued up....really really bad...not the best quality...but what do you expect for that price

Offline scooter3865

« Reply #66 on: Jul 10, 2013, 23:04:14 »
Got my rear wheel laced up....pulled a bone head move and forgot to put the spacer in the wheel between the bearings...hope I can get one side out pretty easy...I would be pissed if I screwed one up... >:(

When you bought your rims, are there any specific profile requirements for the cb's. They seem to be marketed towards yamaha xs's. If there isnt any profile requirements, whats the difference between getting different profile's. Performance? Feel of the ride?

Offline 1fasgsxr

« Reply #67 on: Jul 11, 2013, 22:36:15 »
not really...a wheel is a wheel...different # of holes...different angle on the holes as well...and diameter difference of course...but I am no expert...

Offline 1fasgsxr

« Reply #68 on: Aug 10, 2013, 22:12:37 »
Got some stuff done...sorry just been busy with other stuff

Offline 1fasgsxr

« Reply #69 on: Aug 10, 2013, 22:16:14 »
working on my seat...