New vm30 carb problems

Ratpackmc

Hello there,

So i just installed new Mikuni vm30's on my 72 cb350 and I'm having problems with the bike bogging down when I pin the throttle when in neutral or riding around. It bogs down to the point of it wanting to die :'(. Any suggestions? Thanks!!!

Setup: 150 main jet, 3.0 slide, PO needle jet, 2.0 air, 50 pilot, and 6F4 needle

Is it the Sudco kit? I find all their kts are always jetted way to rich and always neeed re-jetting. The last one we did if I remeber had 130 mains on the stock engine (No mods). The one we are building now is slightly ported and polished head and will probably start with 130 as a base to tune the engine.

PJ on here is the CB350 guru andwill probably chime in.

People also seem to like this setup.

Jetting:
Main Jet:Large Hex 200
Emulsion tube/Needle jet: BLEED TYPE 176 series P-8
Slide: 2.5
Pilot jet:30
Needle: 5F3, lowest (richest) clip setting
Air Jet: 0.5
Air Screw: 2.0 turns out

No its the kit from dime city cycles. It came with two 145 main jets extra in the kit and a few different sized pilots also. So you're saying that I need to step it down in with the jets if I have a stock engine? I'm wondering if i should try and adjust the float out first and see if that works or just step it down since it running way to rich.

Thanks for your help.

MotoMadness said:
Is it the Sudco kit? I find all their kts are always jetted way to rich and always neeed re-jetting. The last one we did if I remeber had 130 mains on the stock engine (No mods). The one we are building now is slightly ported and polished head and will probably start with 130 as a base to tune the engine.

PJ on here is the CB350 guru andwill probably chime in.

Better to start off rich than lean though. I plan on buying vm34's from Sudco for my T500 hopefully the jetting will be in the ballpark.

Back
Top Bottom