"Ruby" - 1980 SR250 bobber.

Bobbed_out, theres a pic on the first page, ill snap another soon once I've mounted it properly.

DesmoBro, TIGs are real cheap now, I bought a cheapish China TIG with local warranty and was really happy with the performance. Did a full roll cage in my drift car. Loved it so much I bought a china MIG to replace my old worn out UNI MIG aswell.
Be warned though, buying a TIG you will move on to bigger and harder projects, It will take up a lot of your time and I mean a lot.

Ive seen some good deals around here But after a little research I found out that they make adapters for MIG welder with a foot pedal etc...just gotta find the right set up that will work with my MIG....All I have is time and a pile of projects so it should be right up my alley

started to play around with bars / levers...

547voo.jpg

got some clip ons and some brass levers from India.
theres a bit of an issue with clearance from the factory switch and throttle housings.
so some modification will be required to get them to play well together.

or maybe even a different set of levers.

dont really want to sink too much more money into this tho.

So I mounted the tank finally.

did it proper and used rubber mounts, gave it good clearance from the frame.

307nsxx.jpg

4lh6qx.jpg

All thats left to do on the tank is weld on bungs for the petcock, or a plate for the stock petcock.

I want to use the stock one, but then there will be fuel left over in the other side of the tank, I have to work out how much exactly Id be missing out on, as the tank is so small. the question will be whether it will be significant enough to go with a different setup or even a balance tube.

and how she sits now. I also fabricated a quick seat hinge and mount. its just tack welded on for now. once I work out final seat position ill weld it up properly. Im not too sure if i should mount it further forward.

25tg3gp.jpg

Im not real happy with the bars, I think theyre a bit low so riding might be a touch uncomfortable, so im thinking about making some knuckle drag bars.

I like the look of the rear fender, Do you think it's gonna rub the ground at all? or do you plan on trimming it

yeah ill cut it down, its not mounted properly yet, not sure if im going to keep it or get another one tho. the chrome plating is flaking so its going to be annoying trying to strip it.

Daedalus said:
So I mounted the tank finally.

did it proper and used rubber mounts, gave it good clearance from the frame.

307nsxx.jpg

4lh6qx.jpg

All thats left to do on the tank is weld on bungs for the petcock, or a plate for the stock petcock.

I want to use the stock one, but then there will be fuel left over in the other side of the tank, I have to work out how much exactly Id be missing out on, as the tank is so small. the question will be whether it will be significant enough to go with a different setup or even a balance tube.

and how she sits now. I also fabricated a quick seat hinge and mount. its just tack welded on for now. once I work out final seat position ill weld it up properly. Im not too sure if i should mount it further forward.

25tg3gp.jpg

Im not real happy with the bars, I think theyre a bit low so riding might be a touch uncomfortable, so im thinking about making some knuckle drag bars.

Is that a GS in the background??​

Ive been a bit distracted recently (just bought a '68 camaro so my priority is getting that rego'd) so no updates.

DesmoBro, if you still need a service manual message me your email address.

Moban, sure is, its a gsx250 big plans for it but at the moment I have way too many projects so its a bit neglected, there's a link to it in my signature.

stitched up the seat!

21bsjmv.jpg

Used an old Yoga mat I had lying around for the foam, and some nice thick leather. 8)

But my stupid leather sewing machine broke so I ended up stitching it by hand... never again. :mad:

equzpl.jpg

Back
Top Bottom