Atlantic Canada

Not sure, but I have a wheeler in the same boat, got it without papers, now I want to register it. It is an 85 so I hope it is so old a bill of sale and pay the tax and get a registration.

Well, in NS, you get the Registry of Motor Vehicles to run the numbers. If they have no record (in other words it hasn't been registered for a long time) then you obtain a verification form from them and have a police officer confirm that the numbers you are trying to register are indeed the number on the machine. Then you take that form back to the Registry again, they give you an affidavit form where you declare where and how you got your hands on it...they ask you if the statement is true...you say yes, they stamp the affidavit and process your registration. I imagine it would be a similar ball of shit in NB. Patience is the key word, and never, ever tell them anything they don't ask for and for heavens sake DON'T tell them you bought it out of province unless you get papers from NS first!!!!
Now taking a step back, if they DO have a record of it, then they will try to contact the last registered owner on your behalf...good luck with that... :(

PS: On another note, we had a GREAT Distinguished Gentleman's Ride in Halifax and Dartmouth last Sunday 25 September...33 riders and lots of money raised in support of prostate cancer research.

40 mins I'll never get back... " bring what you have into your local service New Brunswick and we will advise you what to do " Sounds fun...

~T

Please do, but sometimes with SNB the answer will be different depending on who you talk too. The wheeler I have was imported by a US citizen with property in NB and they never registered it. I have the import paperwork from the 90's so I may be good there. Except border services put the make as suzuki and its a kawasaki but the vin is correct.

goldy said:
Well, in NS, you get the Registry of Motor Vehicles to run the numbers. If they have no record (in other words it hasn't been registered for a long time) then you obtain a verification form from them and have a police officer confirm that the numbers you are trying to register are indeed the number on the machine. Then you take that form back to the Registry again, they give you an affidavit form where you declare where and how you got your hands on it...they ask you if the statement is true...you say yes, they stamp the affidavit and process your registration. I imagine it would be a similar ball of shit in NB. Patience is the key word, and never, ever tell them anything they don't ask for and for heavens sake DON'T tell them you bought it out of province unless you get papers from NS first!!!!
Now taking a step back, if they DO have a record of it, then they will try to contact the last registered owner on your behalf...good luck with that... :(

I did it a couple of years back in NL and it was pretty much the same process.

I tried to do it in Halifax, and they could get the last registered owner's to come up. They would not however contact the person on my behalf, nor tell me their name (privacy laws), and the person I got it from got from a friend, who got it from a friend.... I sold it for parts.

Not much action on this thread. Thought I would try to stir things up a little.

A couple of pics from Sambro and French Village taken in the past couple of weeks.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 257
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    795.3 KB · Views: 266
Good idea, Goldy.

I did Peggy's Cove a month or so ago and was temped to message you first. Good summer everyone ?

~T

Anyone out here in Atlantic Canada interested in a partially cafe'd DOHC cb750? Looks like i will be heading west for work and won't have a garage for a while...

I know some people who might be interested...what have you done to it, where are you located and how much?

Come on, wake up out there! There must be other people out there riding or building, lets bring this thread to life, post some pics! ;)

From a nice ride through the Peggy's Cove loop....

Attachments

• 026.jpg
    026.jpg
    858.8 KB · Views: 317
Alright, I will. Latest ride was last weekend to MTL and back over a couple of days! This is at the last rest stop before home looking at Mt Katadin.

1732-180917062849.jpeg

A couple of shots from Sunday 24th September, Distinguished Gentleman's Ride in Halifax. Roughly 40 Motorcyclists showed up in support of mens health and prostate cancer research. The ride left from the Pier 21 area, through the Halifax city core, out to Bedford, down the Waverly Rd. Then onward through Dartmouth and ended with a stop for lunch on Portland Street, where these pics were taken. A good time was had by all.

Attachments

• dgr 2017b.jpg
    dgr 2017b.jpg
    236.6 KB · Views: 317
  • dgr 2017c.jpg
    dgr 2017c.jpg
    331.3 KB · Views: 321
A little surgery ( Pushrod seals) followed by a solo ride to Crooked Creek.

~T

Attachments

• IMG_0068.JPG
    IMG_0068.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 321
  • pushrodSeals 1.JPG
    pushrodSeals 1.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 317
  • IMG_0112.JPG
    IMG_0112.JPG
    4.9 MB · Views: 315
Hey guys,
I asked the question about getting a new reg for a " no papers " bike here awhile ago. Can't remember who filled me in, probably Maritime. Anyway ! I guess things here in NB have changed and do to the privacy act, it is not pretty much impossible to go through this process. I called SNB to make sure and was redirected to Department of Justice and Public Safety. And confirmed this.

I have a few buddies in NS, so I called DOT in NS and it sounds like they have a similar situation. All that being said, I got a rather timely email from the local Vintage Motor Cycle Group about a petition. So, if you like vintage bikes, and ever consider buying a " no papers " bike, why not lend your name. Feel free to share this.

https://www.change.org/p/moncton-east-mla-monique-leblanc-we-want-registrations-again-for-vintage-vehicles?recruiter=816128806&utm_source=share_for_starters&utm_medium=copyLink

Thanks for reading.

~T

Back
Top Bottom