Who's using a motorcycle carrier

Tifun

Indy
Are you useing a motorcycle carrier? Please post a photo and roughly the weight of the bike you are carrying and any other details you would like to add. I am looking for one but more than anything want to see if this is feesible to put on the back of my crossover(VW Tiguan) Just trying to gauge the reality of this being a realistic option haha.

Thanks!
Keith

Check this one out. Came across it a while back. I don't have need or use for one at the moment myself.

I used one to cary a 78 CB550 from Dallas to Nola earlier this year. The whole way i thought it was going to fall off.

Attachments

• 1350778591005.jpg
    1350778591005.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 633
I bought a 500 dollar trailer from lowes and put a hitch on my Impala. Definitely not Impala appropriate. But since I sold my truck that was my only option.... although an easier/cheaper option would be this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/MOTORCYCLE-HITCH-HAULER-TOW-TOWING-CARRIER-NO-TRAILER-/140908471685?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item20cecca585&vxp=mtr

My friend and I used one similar to this for over a year and he hauled a bike from Utah back to Indiana with it. Easy to use, store, and extremely durable. You'll get a lot of looks from other drivers but it works amazingly and is fairly inexpensive... made over 30 trips at 3hrs or more in the one direction with no problems. Hauled some big bikes too.

The only issue with the front wheel type carrier ( I used to have one ) is that the transmission countershaft is turning without any lubrication. When I towed my cb350 with it, we pulled the chain off. Easy to do with the old clip style master links. We left the chain on the countershaft sprocket and wired the loose ends together for easy reconnection. This is harder to to with a riveted link chain and impossible with a shifty.

So the front wheel carriers work great, but you can damage the transmission if you are not vigilant. Btw , we towed the bike that way from NY to NC with a 1972 Datsun 510. A small car. No problems at all.

Sent from planet Earth using mysterious electronic devices and Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom