www.bisonmotorsports.com

www.speedmotoco.com

www.cognitomoto.com

www.townmoto.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.Moto-Madness.com

www.pistonsociety.com

QUESTIONS ABOUT THE SITE? TROUBLE REGISTERING? ADMIN@DOTHETON.COM

Author Topic: So... Jenn FINALLY has a build thread: '71 CB350  (Read 25329 times)

Offline JohnGoFast

• DTT SUPPORTER
Re: So... Jenn FINALLY has a build thread: '71 CB350
« Reply #70 on: Jul 04, 2013, 10:49:51 »
Good job Jenn, you must have had some good instruction on the grinder. Usually when I see a frame that someone has grinded on and it was their first time it looks like a beaver was chewin on it.

Offline haircuttergirl

• DTT SUPPORTER
« Reply #71 on: Jul 04, 2013, 11:13:12 »
Good job Jenn, you must have had some good instruction on the grinder. Usually when I see a frame that someone has grinded on and it was their first time it looks like a beaver was chewin on it.
A little common sense and a lot of good learnin' by Mr. E. He's fantastic. I thought I was doing good until he asked if he could show me something... haha. I was being wayyyy too timid with the grinder and it was taking me forever. No more. I don't even notice the sparks anymore,  not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing...

*Note: there are areas on the frame that were already smoothed down too far so I left those alone and tried to just work the area around it as best I could.

Yep.
*hands Justin & Dennis a coupla IPA's*
Pull up a chair, fellas. The more,  the merrier. :)

Offline Scruffy

• West Tennessee
« Reply #72 on: Jul 04, 2013, 13:01:18 »
Awful lot of "fluff" left on there... fork lock assembly and mount, frame backbone ridge, tail section, swingarm capable instead of a nice lightweight weld on rigid conversion that won't "load up" in corners and try to squirt out from under you...

Actually, looks just fine and congrats on jumping right into it.  Once it is clean, go over EVERY weld line with a magnifying glass, I'm finding a lot of "iffy" welds on a much newer chassis.
Professional scooter trash.

Offline teazer

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
« Reply #73 on: Jul 04, 2013, 13:18:44 »
Pity those brace tubes came out.  Unless a new pair are going in in a slightly different position :-)

Do not remove the weld "ridges" unless you are a certified welder and really know what you are doing and you need a steering lock, so I'd call it a day, other than the inspection that Scruffy suggested.

Offline trek97

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
« Reply #74 on: Jul 04, 2013, 14:40:20 »
Do not remove the weld "ridges" unless you are a certified welder and really know what you are doing and you need a steering lock, so I'd call it a day, other than the inspection that Scruffy suggested.

+1 Jenn Its really looking good.

Offline Redbird

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
  • Dolor est Magister Optimus
« Reply #75 on: Jul 08, 2013, 17:38:47 »
Done yet? :P
When you are Dead, you don't know that you are Dead. It is difficult only for Others.

It is the same when you are Stupid.

Offline Scruffy

• West Tennessee
« Reply #77 on: Jul 09, 2013, 13:15:02 »
Pity those brace tubes came out.  Unless a new pair are going in in a slightly different position :-)

I have all my frame welding done by a dual certified expert, FAA and US Coast Guard approved. I tack the stuff together, he does the rest. I know my limitations. I do need to get him to go over the welds on the 1998 chassis, the factory did a horrible job. Gaps, cracks, slag left on the beads that is starting to chip off...
Professional scooter trash.

Offline haircuttergirl

• DTT SUPPORTER
« Reply #78 on: Jul 14, 2013, 02:58:18 »
Took a wire wheel to the frame tonight... Its looking all puuuurty. Obviously there's still some areas to get. I'll hit those with the soda blaster as soon as we get our air compressor problem resolved.

Offline MexiChriS

So... Jenn FINALLY has a build thread: '71 CB350
« Reply #79 on: Jul 14, 2013, 04:05:08 »
Slowly but surely coming along. Keep at it!