So... Jenn FINALLY has a build thread: '71 CB350

pacomotorstuff said:
Are you boxing the upper frame rails?
Regarding wire wheeling, I'm using one of those composite plastic / rubber / abrasive wheels and while the paint removal rate is slow, the flying debris is pretty low key
Keep having fun
Yes, I will box the upper frame rails and add a hoop.
I absolutely love wire wheeling. Weird, I'm sure. Ha.
ALWAYS having fun!

Get 4-5 cans of this stuff right here... http://www.jegs.com/p/Duplicolor/Duplicolor-Anodized-Metalcast-Paint/763208/10002/-1 You can either buy the reflective undercoating, or just paint over freshly sanded/cleaned shiny metal. It will come out looking like it was anodized, srsly, the shit is awesome. Look at my engine cases on the 750 for an idea of what it will look like over shiny metal. Spray it just like you would any other can paint, lots of light coats, and then lacquer the hell out of it, and it will look "freshly wet painted" forever, and it'll blind you when it shines in the sun.

I`ll give it a go even this thread has been quiet 4 a while.
Really nice build btw.
wondering what color u will have 2 the rest of the bike?
I´m having allmost the same color on my frame,and with a bad deadline i dont have the time to repaint it for the crystal-rally wich is a midwinter bikemeet here in Norway.
Freaki`n cold and a ton of fun!

Teddy21502 said:
Signed up. Can't wait to see what you do with it. I can't wait to get started on mine.
Heyyy, good timing. I put this one on the back burner for a few months to focus on getting my other project running. Starting back on this one now :) Glad to have you on board- and looking forward to seeing yours!

haircuttergirl said:
Heyyy, good timing. I put this one on the back burner for a few months to focus on getting my other project running. Starting back on this one now :) Glad to have you on board- and looking forward to seeing yours!

OK now Im really confused. Are you on the 350 or the 400? and which one are you planning to bring to the thaw?

trek97 said:
OK now Im really confused. Are you on the 350 or the 400? and which one are you planning to bring to the thaw?
Eric, the 400 is up and running, but not prettied up yet. I will practice on her for a bit before I do the cosmetic stuff. While I am getting some riding practice in on her, I will resume work on the 350. My goal is to have it running and rideable by spring/summer sometime. If all goes well, I can be riding one while doing the cosmetic work on the other. And *fingers crossed* hopefully they'll both be done sometime next year.
Of course, we all know how it goes when we set a deadline... it never works out.

I'd rather set a goal and fall short of it, but still exceed what I'd have accomplished if I set no goal at all.
:)

haircuttergirl said:
PS Unless something changes, the 400 is likely coming with to the Thaw.

I can't wait!!! To see it and you and the others. I was at work thinking...I would be at barber right now...this sucks. I won't miss the thaw.

You need to post a vid of you riding the 400!!! Did you ride it at Barber?

haircuttergirl said:
While I am getting some riding practice in on her, I will resume work on the 350. My goal is to have it running and rideable by spring/summer sometime. If all goes well, I can be riding one while doing the cosmetic work on the other. And *fingers crossed* hopefully they'll both be done sometime next year.

Yeah this race is in the baaaaaaaaaaag 8)

trek97 said:
I can't wait!!!
Did you ride it at Barber?
Me too! 187 days :p
I didn't because she needed brake work and isn't tagged anyway.

dewjantim said:
When and where is the thaw? I would like to meet everyone........
Red River Gorge in Kentucky. You won't be disappointed! Logan is making an official site for it, separate from dtt that he'll post in the Spring Thaw thread.
Hope you can make it!

teddpage said:
Thanks ;)

Redliner said:
Yeah this race is in the baaaaaaaaaaag 8)
Oh puh-leeeeze. You'll still be looking for scrambler pipes when I finish both of these little ladies. ;)

haircuttergirl said:
Oh puh-leeeeze. You'll still be looking for scrambler pipes when I finish both of these little ladies.

Don't think I'm above fabricating crap from tin cans! :mad: Whatever it takes!!!

trek97 said:

I was wondering the same thing.. Glad someone asked, because I was about to. I stand clarified.

And 187 days doesn't sound like much time.. I'm hoping I make that deadline!

bradj mentioned to me you had a cb400 that you were restoring.
However, I have some CB400F case savers for sale. They are still in the package, as far as it seems, they are in excellent condition. I could open the packages and inspect them for you. If you want them, make a reasonable offer.

I will be there for sure Jenn. On occasion I will run down to Miguel's for pizza with my wife and friends. The pizza place is on the left just before the park entrance..... best damn pizza in the world..... and lots of those cute rock climbing hippie chicks hang out there too......... Hey guys, I bet they would love a ride on your cafe racer.....hehehe. :p :p :p

hi cutter...
hope everything OK...
finally got back myself...
bomb

Attachments

• bombsightcyclesshop.jpg
    bombsightcyclesshop.jpg
    5.4 MB · Views: 340
Back
Top Bottom