'72 T100 Daytona

buckeyebike

Over 1,000 Posts
My first bobber project- done half a dozen or so café styled bikes and picked up this nice running little Daytona a year or so ago and it had bobber written all over it.

Before:

I decided to go with Factory Metal Works for most of the parts- the owner, Lucas, is a good guy and has been very helpful. I got the hardtail in the mail a few days ago and had the original rear end off and the hardtail on in a matter of hours. Direct fit.

Currently:

I am going to work on the headlamp area today- I have a BCR horseshoe headlamp bracket for a CB350 that appears to be a direct fit . . .

Thanks! Yeah, it has been screaming at me from the corner of the garage and now I have some time before our next move to get at it :)

Seat and oil tank are on the way.

Vintage Triumphs (and some early HD Sportsters) have the brake lever on the left and the shifter on the right.

VonYinzer said:
Vintage Triumphs (and some early HD Sportsters) have the brake lever on the left and the shifter on the right.

Yeah I knew some of the old ironheads were like that just didn't know the triumphs were too

The fellow I got the new toy from had these too, got them with the deal. He used to race 500s- should be able to make them work on the bobber.

Nothing too exciting, but found a simple black leather seat with subtle white stitching and a basic oil tank. Emailed Josh at oldschoolhelmets who has done some paint work for me before to get things rolling on the paint scheme- thinking pearl gloss and satin black with off-white and silver and some deep red accents- this usually changes half a dozen times . . .

Got one . . . will post a pic sometime. I have been distracted by other bikes and have not messed with this project for a while. Hope to get back to it in a few weeks.

Back
Top Bottom