Want: CB750 Front Caliper

.Spindat.

Thought I had one but once everything is mounted.. It turned out to be a 550 caliper.. Not going to work.

It's a long shot but I'm in a pickle and I like it here more than eBay, I don't want to end up with the wrong part again.

Thanks in advance!

.Spindat. said:
Thought I had one but once everything is mounted.. It turned out to be a 550 caliper.. Not going to work.

It's a long shot but I'm in a pickle and I like it here more than eBay, I don't want to end up with the wrong part again.

Thanks in advance!

What year is your bike? I have several calipers that were used on the later DOHC's. Not sure if they were the same for the SOHC.

Also looking for left or right?

ok i have sets for both sides. could you take a picture of the forks with the mounting holes?

you do have the caliper mount for this, yes?

i have the single and dual piston calipers, but it will depend on what caliper bracket you have on the forks.

enymapym.jpg

This is the only picture I have at the moment. It's a single piston caliper.

Spin, just for reference... that appears to be a later model caliper. My '78 CB750K has the same caliper. The major difference between the early and late models is on the early calipers, the bolts run from the inside and thread into the outside half. On the later calipers (like yours) the bolts run from the outside and thread into the inside half.
I'm not sure when the design changed, but I know the '77-'78 models were like what you have. Sadly, to the best of my knowledge, none of the calipers used on the DOHC bikes will bolt right on.
Good luck with the hunt ;)
It's been my experience that you can find rebuildable calipers for fair prices if you not in too much of a hurry. Most people seem to see them as college tuition for their kids though ::)

Oh, also... the calipers are the same from left to right, and the bracket and mount are interchangeable as well. OEM on the CB750 will have the caliper on the left, at 12 o'clock on the disc, in front of the fork. But it's not uncommon for people to flip them around and run behind the fork.
More... swapping the caliper mounts from on side to the other is not a direct bolt on. It'll require a very little bit of work. This link is a very comprehensive article on how it's done...
http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=1525.msg11304#msg11304

i have one of the early style caliper and bracket,decent looking condition,will need teardown new seals i am sure
pm me ill send pics and details

Redbird, thanks for the info! Good to read some facts on the differences instead of the normal "it is just different".

Back
Top Bottom