www.bisonmotorsports.com

www.speedmotoco.com

www.cognitomoto.com

www.townmoto.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.Moto-Madness.com

www.pistonsociety.com

QUESTIONS ABOUT THE SITE? TROUBLE REGISTERING? ADMIN@DOTHETON.COM

Author Topic: New DTT member 360T build  (Read 20421 times)

Offline trek97

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
Re: New DTT member 360T build
« Reply #30 on: Aug 11, 2013, 07:03:28 »
The original stock petcock has the screen on the reserve tube.  it was torn so I got a new petcock from ebay.  it has a nice nylon screen on the reserve tube.  Also, just like the stock one.  it has the brass screen inside the cleanout bowl on the bottom of the petcock.

I pulled one of the little magnets out of an old hard drive.  snapped it in half and placed it in the petcock bowl.  To help catch particles.  It works great.  I remember I cleaned it off once since I placed it in there.  Probably due for another cleaning now...whatever.

The new petcock was like $25 and its nice.  I was pleasantly surprised.  I half expected it to be chromed plastic.  Its not.

Some guys place a second screen on the primary tube inside the tank.  You should be able to get a small piece of brass fine filter screen at any hardware store.  I havent done this yet.
« Last Edit: Aug 11, 2013, 07:08:10 by trek97 »

Offline kagraves

New DTT member 360T build
« Reply #31 on: Aug 11, 2013, 07:52:57 »
Like the magnet idea for catching metal/rust. Ill look into the main filler more.

Offline kagraves

« Reply #32 on: Aug 11, 2013, 07:56:42 »
Next on my to do list is to work on the brakes they both stick some and I do not want a lockup on the first test ride ( well... Ever actually!) I also need/want to check and clean the oil slinger/filter but have had some trouble finding the proper way to do it and heard if done wrong you can break it or have leaking issues.

Any help with the oil slinger would be appreciated
« Last Edit: Aug 16, 2013, 12:33:31 by kagraves »

Offline trek97

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
« Reply #33 on: Aug 11, 2013, 07:58:39 »
I have thought about putting the magnets in the carb bowls, but got to thinking the pins in the floats are steel.  so they may stick to that and cause issues.

Offline trek97

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
« Reply #34 on: Aug 11, 2013, 08:13:51 »
Next on my to do list is to work on the brakes they both stick some and I do not want a lockup on the first test ride ( well... Ever actually!) I also need/want to check and clean the oil slinger/filter but have had some trouble finding the proper way to do it and heard if done wrong you can break it or have leaking issues.

Any help with the oil slinger would be appreciated

Yes.  I believe my bike spent alot of its life on gravel roads cause it was packed,  kinda like dry concrete mix, mixed w oil.  taking the cover off is no big deal.  you can do it on the bike.  Just get a nice craftsman impact screw driver.   ring pliers and if you want to remove the cup from the shaft you need one of those spanner socket things.  When I did  mine I was pissed off and impatient.  I made a spanner from a socket w the cut off saw and grinder.  It sucked but it worked.  The store bought spanners are cheap enough and look nice.  You could get it pretty darn clean without actually removing the cup from the shaft though.  If you just take your time.  and get inventive making little picks and scrapers from stuff you have laying around the shop.  And a good flashlight.

Heres the post I made about it...just scroll down about halfway or so.

http://www.hondabrat.com/search?updated-max=2012-07-14T08:26:00-07:00&max-results=7

Offline kagraves

« Reply #35 on: Aug 11, 2013, 08:38:44 »
I might do the socket trick if I can't find the spanner for reasonable price

Offline trek97

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
« Reply #36 on: Aug 11, 2013, 09:17:35 »
I might do the socket trick if I can't find the spanner for reasonable price

Ive seen em since for like $5-10 Im thinking.

Offline trek97

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
« Reply #37 on: Aug 11, 2013, 09:20:05 »
I dont know that this one is THE correct fit...Other guys here would know what size you need.

http://www.amazon.com/automotive/dp/B004N6XY6O

Offline trek97

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
« Reply #38 on: Aug 11, 2013, 09:25:13 »
I dont know that this one is THE correct fit...Other guys here would know what size you need.

http://www.amazon.com/automotive/dp/B004N6XY6O

I did a quick "search" .  PM sonreir he can tell you what size.
http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=44342.msg484179#msg484179

Offline edukaycheon

• My pseudoblog
« Reply #39 on: Aug 11, 2013, 10:46:49 »
Following a fellow 360 project
“Seize the day guys - don’t say “Can I , can’t I” - just do it anyway and see what the results are. After fifty odd years of making those kinds of decisions, you will ALL have your own ‘Tales from the day’.
I’m still at it, buying toys I can’t really afford or getting out there and indulging my whims, but you find a way.

Let me assure you - there’s nothing worse than looking at maybe another fifteen or twenty years of life and looking back and saying “If only”. Don’t listen to the “Can’t be done” assholes - not, at least until you’ve tried it for yourself.

There’s NO point in regretting past decisions - they’re done, just take the results of that decision and run with it.” - Beachcomber

http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=45042.0  -  CB360...I want to ride again!

http://i.imgur.com/xLptvnG.gif