www.speedmotoco.com

www.cognitomoto.com

www.townmoto.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.Moto-Madness.com

www.pistonsociety.com

www.steeltowngarage.com

QUESTIONS ABOUT THE SITE? TROUBLE REGISTERING? ADMIN@DOTHETON.COM

Author Topic: New DTT member 360T build  (Read 21975 times)

Offline bubonicplay

Re: New DTT member 360T build
« Reply #70 on: Aug 21, 2013, 00:46:54 »
Following, thanks for the inspiration.

Offline kagraves

« Reply #71 on: May 15, 2014, 00:59:02 »
I'm back!

First thing I had to do was pull the bike out of storage and hear her run. Still don't have a battery but with jumper cables off the car battery got her to start with the electric starter. Needed to be turned over for about 10 seconds before it would fire on both cylinders. tried the kick start and got it to turn over and start. From before storage I had posted a video and was told that the idle was too high, I warmed the bike up and with no choke was able to drop idle to 1,100-1,200 stable but it seams to bog down when I give it throttle. Probably due to all the fuel stabilizer in the gas from storage. I plan on doing a carb sync when I can get a hold of a gauge.

The problem so far is the kickstarter doesn't catch most of the time and I have to just keep playing with it for 10+ seconds before the gear catches again. Wondering if anyone else has had this problem / know of a solution for it? I don't remember it being this bad before storage.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2014, 01:01:09 by kagraves »

Offline trek97

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
« Reply #72 on: May 15, 2014, 07:19:02 »
Welcome back dude!
Yup, get some fresh fuel in her.  And see if she acts better, After she sits parked for a long time, and open the tap, need to give her a minute to fill the bowls completely before hitting the key.  Carbs were probably dry from storage. 

double check the timing w a strobe light and ensure the advancer is working smoothly. 

Also, maybe the ratchet thingy on the kicker is just sticky from sitting.

Offline crazypj

• Split personality, I fake being smart
« Reply #73 on: May 16, 2014, 06:30:20 »
I still have some vacuum adapters if you need them
'you can take my word for it or argue until you find out I'm right'
I gave my girlfriend an orgasm the other night, but, she spat it back at me
 Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible to do it. If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it saying 'End-of-the-World Switch. PLEASE DO NOT TOUCH', the paint wouldn't even have time to dry
 Itís not worth doing something unless someone, somewhere, would much rather you werenít doing it  (Terry Pratchett)
CB360's,  http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=11736.0
XS650,  http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=11922.0

Offline kagraves

« Reply #74 on: Jun 13, 2014, 15:37:14 »
Ugh so haven't had much time to play with the bike as I've been working long hours everyday. I go into the garage about a week ago and find it laying on its side in the center of the floor and wreaking of fuel. Apparently the fuel line came off and allowed the whole gas tank to empty (forgot to close the tap) on the floor which destroyed the pavement and allowed the center-stand to sink in and then tip... FML. I picked it up can cleaned up the mess no damage done to the bike luckily.

I purchased some fuel line clamps and a battery for the bike and have her all together now. Got her running off her own power and she runs alright I think the carbs might need to be re-cleaned after sitting all winter because the idle isn't perfect.

Today i got my permit... finally I know, and am looking into insurance plans and getting her registered soon. i did notice that the turn signals are not blinking, only staying illuminated, so ill have to check into that before registration and inspection.

She's idling at 1,100 with just a few hiccups. I'll try to get a video on later.

Offline kagraves

« Reply #75 on: Jun 18, 2014, 20:14:15 »
fixed the turn signal issue with a $4 replacement from Advance Auto.

Offline joegregg

« Reply #76 on: Jun 22, 2014, 03:08:10 »
I don't know man, you said my 360 was clean, I think you have me beat! Such a good lookin bike!

Offline kagraves

« Reply #77 on: Jun 27, 2014, 14:27:59 »
And now it doesn't run on both cylinders and I only have a week extension on my inspection. Plan on checking for fuel and spark and going to pick up some new plugs because I'm guessing it's fouled at this point.

Offline coyote13

« Reply #78 on: Jun 27, 2014, 14:33:06 »
Make sure the petcock is flowing freely, the gas tank is full, and that both carbs are getting fuel.
Half the fun's in the get there...

Offline kagraves

« Reply #79 on: Jun 28, 2014, 14:08:10 »
Cleaned the tank and petcock, therr is fuel flowing to the carbs. new plugs, have spark but still running on the right cylinder only. Went over timing and point gaps and everything looks to be correct.

Its 90į out and I'm in the sun getting frustrated

I should take the carbs apart but I don't have time before going to work, maybe tonight.

Any thoughts?