New DTT member 360T build

id love to have it with me to work on but i don't have the time or space to make it feasible. ill try and get some wrenching done every time im home and get some more posts and pics up here

I've come to learn that, and I'm not one to give up easily. My girlfriends already calling the bike mistress.

kagraves said:
I've come to learn that, and I'm not one to give up easily. My girlfriends already calling the bike mistress.

Now we are getting to the root of it...you used the "G" word. Loose the money pit, Oops I mean girlfriend . and you will more than double your bike time. drop a few bucks at the massage parlor every couple weeks. And you will have more freed up cash to put towards the bike and beer w the bros. Still having plenty of time for studies.

everybody wins. Priorities man.

I am the happiest married guy I have ever met. I dont recommend it to anyone.

w9fsyr.jpg

2lcwe9w.jpg

It is idling fast, However she sounds every bit as good as she looks. Keep up the good work. Before you know it you and her will be having a blast terrorizing the streets of campus. Ive got you bookmarked. So, when ever you get the chance, even just to pop in and say "hi" add to this post, I will be lookin for ya.
Now, go get your ass off to class and make us proud.

I'm back!

First thing I had to do was pull the bike out of storage and hear her run. Still don't have a battery but with jumper cables off the car battery got her to start with the electric starter. Needed to be turned over for about 10 seconds before it would fire on both cylinders. tried the kick start and got it to turn over and start. From before storage I had posted a video and was told that the idle was too high, I warmed the bike up and with no choke was able to drop idle to 1,100-1,200 stable but it seams to bog down when I give it throttle. Probably due to all the fuel stabilizer in the gas from storage. I plan on doing a carb sync when I can get a hold of a gauge.

The problem so far is the kickstarter doesn't catch most of the time and I have to just keep playing with it for 10+ seconds before the gear catches again. Wondering if anyone else has had this problem / know of a solution for it? I don't remember it being this bad before storage.

Welcome back dude!
Yup, get some fresh fuel in her. And see if she acts better, After she sits parked for a long time, and open the tap, need to give her a minute to fill the bowls completely before hitting the key. Carbs were probably dry from storage.

double check the timing w a strobe light and ensure the advancer is working smoothly.

Also, maybe the ratchet thingy on the kicker is just sticky from sitting.

Ugh so haven't had much time to play with the bike as I've been working long hours everyday. I go into the garage about a week ago and find it laying on its side in the center of the floor and wreaking of fuel. Apparently the fuel line came off and allowed the whole gas tank to empty (forgot to close the tap) on the floor which destroyed the pavement and allowed the center-stand to sink in and then tip... FML. I picked it up can cleaned up the mess no damage done to the bike luckily.

I purchased some fuel line clamps and a battery for the bike and have her all together now. Got her running off her own power and she runs alright I think the carbs might need to be re-cleaned after sitting all winter because the idle isn't perfect.

Today i got my permit... finally I know, and am looking into insurance plans and getting her registered soon. i did notice that the turn signals are not blinking, only staying illuminated, so ill have to check into that before registration and inspection.

She's idling at 1,100 with just a few hiccups. I'll try to get a video on later.

And now it doesn't run on both cylinders and I only have a week extension on my inspection. Plan on checking for fuel and spark and going to pick up some new plugs because I'm guessing it's fouled at this point.

Make sure the petcock is flowing freely, the gas tank is full, and that both carbs are getting fuel.

Cleaned the tank and petcock, therr is fuel flowing to the carbs. new plugs, have spark but still running on the right cylinder only. Went over timing and point gaps and everything looks to be correct.

Its 90° out and I'm in the sun getting frustrated

I should take the carbs apart but I don't have time before going to work, maybe tonight.

Any thoughts?

Back
Top Bottom