so pm me or call

can you send me some pictures of the bike with the present carb on it

thanks

cxman said:
most here would freak if i told you my gut answer lol

so pm me or call

can you send me some pictures of the bike with the present carb on it

thanks

Aww... cxmang... you thinkin a side draft webber ain't sha brah??

side draft webber is a lump and a expensive one

down draft 32/32 dgv might be a good match but AWKWARD in this build unless it isnt

a good modern choice would be a hsr42 mikuni as it has the pumper we will need to get rid of some of the bog/lag

but it has some expense attached to it

so i want to talk to mswans and see where he wants to go he has been working on this bike bit by bit for over 3 years

and probably has some concepts that need respecting

when he has made a few choices we will bring it back here

hmm i have a vm44 mikuni (bet you have never seen one of those ) left over from my cb900 turbo

DohcBikes said:
stock carbs with no turbo would be a better choice :-X

Well if I wanted to take that easy route, I'd scrap the whole project and keep my butt on the 14' vaquero haha. I'll admit it has crossed my mind to go naturally aspirated until the bike is running and driving.

Attachments

• Snapchat-20140802033128.jpg
    Snapchat-20140802033128.jpg
    261.9 KB · Views: 334
What about a tm41?

And personally i think the pilot will need to be closer to 50 or more but really just a guestimate because I don't particulary like the intake setup so far. Hence the call for cxman to give some educated input :eek:

I got into this thread to save an engine from meltdown so anything from here out is a bonus lol

Tune-A-Fish said:
I just want to see it work, I mean shit who don't like a whining snail?
haha exactly what I'm thinking! The carb in the pic you posted was a tiny 30mm or so roundslide. It was just something I had laying around at the time and stuck on there to get an idea.

DohcBikes said:
I don't particulary like the intake setup so far.

Are you thinking I should have gone with more of a log style intake manifold, or do you have doubts about the whole draw through boost setup in general? Constructive criticism is always good lol

draw thru can work the only question being the seal in the turbo is it rated for fuel

there are a lot of options to get this working we need to talk

here is a 44 and a 34

I am with CXMan, either get a TM42 (good aftermarket support for turbo applications - contact Dave Dunlop (FBM) in the UK) or go for the VM44. With the VM44 being the substantially cheaper option, bearing in mind, that they're only 135 USD new.

http://www.nichecycle.com/ncs/mikuni/carburetors/vm44-3-mikuni-vm44-roundslide-carburetor-by-mikuni.html
(Not affiliated with them in any way, but this was literally the first one that came up on google and I've dealt with them before...)

Cheers,
Greg

vm44 wont be the best or the most fun even a 42 off idle will be a pain if you crack the throttle

it will be like opening a sewer cover off idle so unless you stage to build boost at every light then launch

like you stole it the bike will fall on its nose

it will however scream like a banshee once it gets on the cam and to boost

but we can do better

differential size progressive dual carbs anyone? hmm a vm32 and a vm36 is just about right

only the vm32 would carry a pilot then.......

Definitely agree a vm44 is too damn big and even at the top because when you shift it is going to lose boost fast

I'm now leaning towards a round slide for my vote though

Errrrr guys, you did see the little whizzy-bang-choo-choo device in the middle? Judging by the pictures this a GT17 at the very most, so it is basically a case of instant boost and a draw-through setup will never respond nicely to half throttle or anything but closed or wide open throttle. Which is why car makers switched over to blow through... Even at idle you will at the very least have enough pressure difference to atomize the fuel nicely.

Cheers,
Greg

greg

it wont be that slamming its only a 550 cc motor it is going to have some throttle just to spool

After some talking with cxman, I have decided to switch gears on this project. Frame needs welding finished in various places, and also there is a twist to the neck that makes the front tire favor one side by about 2 inches. Bike is now stripped down and getting welded to a welding table so I can true up the neck. Then the engine will be coming out, and the frame work can be finished and painted. Ill do a compression test on the engine, and then I'm ready for final assembly.

Attachments

• 20160121_203842.jpg
    20160121_203842.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 314
Back
Top Bottom