81 Suzuki GS100GL project

forgive me if I missed it but have you been warned about those pods vs. the k&n's or uni's yet? take a peak inside the pod. the cheap one's typically have a lip inside to stop it from sliding on the carb too far. that lip blocks airflow to the jets right at the inlet. I went the same route on my gs1100 before a member here pointed that out to me.

The Jed said:
forgive me if I missed it but have you been warned about those pods vs. the k&n's or uni's yet? take a peak inside the pod. the cheap one's typically have a lip inside to stop it from sliding on the carb too far. that lip blocks airflow to the jets right at the inlet. I went the same route on my gs1100 before a member here pointed that out to me.

Yeah, I found out after I bought them. Right now, I think we are going to use the stock air box until I decide to switch to the k&n ones. The pods are on there just to keep dust out

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Captmilk76 said:
Do the k&n pods work properly?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

From what I read, the k&n pods are the only ones worth putting on my bike. The other ones are inconsistent. Maybe its all a secret ploy for k&n to get people to spend $150 on carb filters.

yea they are the ones to roll with. pods can really eat up a builders budget. especially on these gs's. its not uncommon for a wind gust to make a gs stumble with pods..... then you got the rejetting......... go too far and you need to buy the dynojet kit...... blahhh

the bikes looking good man. keep on keeping on and lets see you riding this soon

muda8uvu.jpg
8u7y4e7y.jpg
atunudyz.jpg

I had to post a picture of the front tire on. I'm so pleased with the way it all turned out.

Ordered the tail light, turning signals, and the mount for the license plate yesterday. We are on the home stretch.

Since we've got it to a ridable point, I put probably 300 miles on it. We are still figuring out what color to paint the tank. If you guys have any suggestions, let me know. Also, we didn't have to adjust much in the carbs. I turned the fuel mix up half a turn. I still might bump the main jet up.

aju3y6e6.jpg

redahtamn said:
are those the emgo 16" slash cut mufflers that your running there? bike sounds pretty mean

Yep.
http://www.dimecitycycles.com/vintage-cafe-racer-caferacer-bobber-brat-chopper-custom-motorcycle-exhaust-parts-16-inch-shorty-cherry-bomb-muffler-80-45700b.html

I believe that video was with the baffles removed. I put them back in when adjusting the air fuel mix. It seemed to pop more with the baffles removed. I'm going to pull the carbs off and go up on the main jets to see if I can get away with just doing that. If not, I'll just get the dynojet kit.

redahtamn said:
are those the emgo 16" slash cut mufflers that your running there? bike sounds pretty mean

I have them on a Honda cl350 and I loved how awesome it sounded, so i got them for the suzuki. We also welded them on. We didn't use clamps or anything.

Back
Top Bottom