81 Suzuki GS100GL project

cool bones. ive got a pair of 12" shorty's that I have packed but am worried that they are going to look a bit odd and short. I have been eyeing the 16 and those 19's they make look pretty sweet too.

redahtamn said:
cool bones. ive got a pair of 12" shorty's that I have packed but am worried that they are going to look a bit odd and short. I have been eyeing the 16 and those 19's they make look pretty sweet too.

What are they going on? I wanted mine as short as I could. We cut the mounting tabs off of the Shorty's and they are still that long.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I was going to put them on my gs850. They just look a little odd to me. The rest of the bike is so beefy and then you got these dinky little mufflers....... I am probably going to end up running some screaming eagle slash cuts or something. Once the bike is fully mocked up again I will see how they look.

redahtamn said:
I was going to put them on my gs850. They just look a little odd to me. The rest of the bike is so beefy and then you got these dinky little mufflers....... I am probably going to end up running some screaming eagle slash cuts or something. Once the bike is fully mocked up again I will see how they look.

Yeah, the pipes look small. I'm going to put heat wrap on them

unu7a3e7.jpg
aduju4ep.jpg

First coat of paint...

e5y6e2et.jpg
a2uheves.jpg

Laying down some striping. So far, so good. If the colors don't look well when we lay the tank on the bike, I have a backup color scheme. Its just tough with having the gold wheels.

ga6agury.jpg
6abada8e.jpg
arytamaz.jpg

We just need to paint the fenders, make some side covers, wrap the exhaust, and put the bar end mirror. Almost done.

Are the fenders going to be sold brown or have the tribal pattern?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Captmilk76 said:
Are the fenders going to be sold brown or have the tribal pattern?

they are going to be the root beer with the orange pin striping.

Thievin_Stealburg said:
they are going to be the root beer with the orange pin striping.

Matching grips
Check out this item I found on eBay: http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=390777015399&alt=web

4a4abyhe.jpg

The exhaust wrap came in today. I ordered 50ft of dei titanium wrap and 8 dei stainless ties. I just had enough. I definitely wish I ordered more ties.

As requested. Here are some pics of the rear fender.
3ysabera.jpg

After initially fitting it and going for a ride, I noticed that the fender was bending in the middle and torquing. We welded a piece of steel rod on the front in hopes of keeping it from bending.

a8e7adeh.jpg

The tabs underneath are for the turn signal wires. They run along the sides then feed into a grommet in the rear.
3ymuheba.jpg

Back
Top Bottom