1971 CB 450 Chop "The Evil Twin"

kingoftherockers

Hi,

I recently exchanged a carton of beer for this "rolling frame" or perhaps better described; rotting corpse of a mongrel 1971 CB450 + various earlier-model parts...

It's a somewhat ambitious venture, but I look forward to the challenge of sourcing parts.

I've decided to take the 71 in a bit of a chopper direction.

After ordering a few parts to get the forks operational and the swingarm in the frame. I located some 6" over forks. That has sealed my mindset to construct the bike into a bratstyle chopper .

It's going to suck.

Yesterday I lucked into locating an engine and after some negotiation the owner decided to sell it to me. Its in pieces and he assures me its mostly all be there. I'll have to go through it thoroughly and see.
Either way I'm stoked, as without an engine, this would have quickly become one of those "I'll finish it one day" projects, but now there's very little in the way for this project.

I recently got the frame and guards sandblasted and primed. So now I've got to make some decisions on the colours I'm gonna run.

I had a go at using paint stripper on the tank today, so get rid of the kinda cracked and dodgy existing paint.

Paint stripper is filthy evil stuff. It took a while, but i got most of the paint off and after minimal sanding (read: lots and lots of sanding) I now have a bare metal + lots of body-filler tank.

More photos to come.

Man, respect for even taking a second look at a heap like that! I've got a set of 6" over forks off a cb750 that are in much better condition than the ones you found if you're interested.

Back
Top Bottom