'79 CB650 Brat'eh

Instro.Mental

Been lurking for awhile, figured I might as well start putting a thread together.

picked up this 1979 CB650 about a month ago for a steal, bike was in decent shape, stock seat was mint, gas tank had a few nicks in it and new tires were needed..

got the bike home, tossed a battery in it and fired it up - found out there was grain in one of the exhaust pipes so it had to be taken off (also rusted out on exhaust near foot control) number 1 carb was also leaking fuel out the bottom, so I took all the carbs off and cleaned everything and have them put back together now - just waiting on parts before everything gets put back together.

also pulled the wire harness out to relocate the fuse box located on the tree and relocate the ignition - both will be moved under the seat.

have a bunch of stuff on order
- clip ons/grips (tan grips)
- seat/tail loop (tan leather seat)
- chain (gold)
- carb intake boots

I plan on
- painting front forks
- painting rims
- install parts
- not sure what I want to do with Gauges yet
- clean up signals/HL/TL
- RIDE

going to be a long winter up here, so I have a ton of garage time ahead of me before riding season comes around again..

IMG_8400.JPG

IMG_8403.JPG

IMG_8404.JPG

IMG_85601.JPG

IMG_8583.JPG

IMG_8591.JPG

IMG_8607.JPG

IMG_8609.JPG

throughly check the charging system over one of there weaknesses

use a good agm battery the one i have is heavy duty 210 cca

let me know what you want for the seat i have a bike that does not have one

any tips or tricks on checking the charging system? (I'm sure I can find something in the Elec. sction, its just easier to ask sometimes haha)

I think before I tuck and ziptie everything, I am going to lay the harness on the bike and plug in everything to make sure its all 100% before It all gets put back.

and CXMAN, I will snap a few more photos of the seat and PM you.

right on man i also have a cb650. been a good bike.

heres the manual for ya http://cosky0.tripod.com/

quick update... Carbs have been put back together and on the bike. Wire harness is done just needs to be plugged in and checked.. new exhaust is on the way.

right now I am just working on cutting the rear frame off too put the tail hoop on and a seat pan before I install the seat.

clip on's are on the forks now and forks are painted, I might try and get to painting my rims tonight as well as charging up the battery.

soo many things to do and such little time.

would much rather be working on the bike than at work right now... I hate office days would much rather be in the field.

have a bunch more photos just haven't got around to uploading them yet.

Back
Top Bottom