XV920 Bobber

Lando113

Hey everyone new to the forum since I picked up this 1982 xv920 for a steal. Bike was running like a charm when I got it but it needed a face lift in the worst way so I decided to tear it down and bob it. So far I've torn it down to pieces made my own wiring harness to delete the cycom and all the other copious amounts of wiring that isn't needed, rebuilt the forks with progressive springs, got some 1" drag bars with a 4" pull back. Here's a few progress pictures since I've blasted the frame and repainted most of the parts except the tank and rear fender which was once the front.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 289
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 271
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    957.8 KB · Views: 324
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 272
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    944.3 KB · Views: 253
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    999.6 KB · Views: 278
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    950.3 KB · Views: 303
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 278
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 277
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    957.9 KB · Views: 280
Well a bit of blood sweat and beers later the engine is redone, rims are painted and all the new parts are on order just finished sanding a few accents into the engine since there was just to much black I wanted to break it up a bit. As soon as the steering bearings come in ill have some pictures of the ride somewhat back together

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 271
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 277
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    869.3 KB · Views: 298
Well after quite a few hours of cleaning painting and now refitting the engine is back in the bike. Wait in parts from all over to come in so I can start the rest of the reassembly. Had a few hiccups along the way but it's really taken on a new look since I picked it up a few months ago.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 282
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 272
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 268
Back
Top Bottom