Radian swingarm

Tim

Administrator
Staff member
Yep - need a Radian swingarm for my xs650 project. I'm in Toronto but will pay for shipping from wherever.

WTF Tim? Isn't the stock swingarm any good? I smell a mongrel in the works. ;D

Tintin said:
Yep - need a Radian swingarm for my xs650 project. I'm in Toronto but will pay for shipping from wherever.

Hey Tim .... If you have no luck with the Radian (they are hard to find sometimes) .. One off of a late 80"s Kawasaki 500 will work with minimal work. It ends up a tad longer and you will have to have the lower shock mounts added. There are a couple of guys racing their XS with this arm on the rear.
6f73_1.JPG

Seeing as the Radian is bolt-on, I'll continue my project with the stock arm and then when I find a Radian arm I'll swap them out. Does the Radian arm take different bushings/bearings? If not I'll invest in bronze bushings for the stock arm, but if the Radian arm uses something different, I'll save the $30 for beer.

Need to get an electronic ignition and new coils too - I've used Dyna in the past, but Boyer seems to be the one for the 650. $260 from Mikesxs isn't bad for the ignition, coil, wires but not cheap either. I like the idea what appears to be a single coil for mounting options under my alloy tank. I'll probably buy that kit vs. saving $40 trying to scrounge things together off eBay etc.

Will start breaking the bike down this weekend after I do some preliminary compression checks on the engine while still in frame. Maybe I'll get to use my Snap-on leakdown tester - don't have the right 12mm connector for my old Honda's - need to check what size the Yamaha plugs are.

Back
Top Bottom