www.speedmotoco.com

www.cognitomoto.com

www.townmoto.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.Moto-Madness.com

www.pistonsociety.com

www.steeltowngarage.com

QUESTIONS ABOUT THE SITE? TROUBLE REGISTERING? ADMIN@DOTHETON.COM

Author Topic: Long awaited CB200 Build  (Read 9264 times)

Offline yorkie350

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
  • If it runs ride it if it dont polish it & dream !
Re: Long awaited CB200 Build
« Reply #60 on: Oct 08, 2016, 09:37:32 »
Great build so far mate love the detail and really ambitious so even more credit to ya ime hooked on this project and like everyone else loving the triple tree keep going mate definitely got the drool facture
Life's too short to go slow at anything !  unless your re-building ya ride !!

cb350f '72 café racer 
 cb550f '78 Hailwood race rep

Offline bex

« Reply #61 on: Jan 23, 2017, 09:58:34 »
Having not done much for a while for various reasons I decided to get stuck into the engine yesterday. I've only gotten as far as getting the cylinder head and pistons off. Planning to get all the casings vapour blasted. Took a while to get some of the 42year old crap off before I could start.

Any tips of what to look for, and sensible/good modifications to make on CB200 engine? Should I be looking into increasing the bore etc (done by a professional obviously)? I suppose I'd like to know what are the best things I can do to help with improved but not unreliable performance.

First time I've stripped an engine so totally new to me in this respect. I'm not even sure what half the bits are but I'm sure I'll get there. Been carefully photographing so I remember what went were.

A few pics so far.

Offline bex

« Reply #62 on: Jan 30, 2017, 03:56:54 »
Still going with the engine stripping. Came up against a need for a tool I don't have so had to order off eBay and wait for it. Seems the last owner had the same issue but just decided to butcher this lock nut inside the oil pump instead. Grr.

Clutch seemed to come apart ok, couldn't get any further without being able to remove the oil pump though. The oil filler cap came out ok once I got my head around the logic of its removal.

Offline bex

« Reply #63 on: Apr 18, 2017, 11:06:57 »
So I've been developing the brake caliper bracket to hold the brembo onto the existing fork casing, with my new brake disc. A lot of dimensional fiddling. There was also a clash with the caliper and my newly spoked and slightly bigger wheel rims, so the disc was off set slightly to accommodate.

I've 3d printed a prototype today after modelling it, happy with how it looks, next to see if it fits when I get home later... I'm assuming some adjustment will be needed. Then the final step is to get it nicely machined in ally.

3d model:

Printed 3d model:

Offline bex

« Reply #64 on: Apr 19, 2017, 02:33:28 »
Almost fits, needs some fine tuning.

Offline bex

« Reply #65 on: Apr 20, 2017, 15:13:02 »
And today my reprofiled camshaft came back :)

Offline Alex jb

« Reply #66 on: Apr 21, 2017, 00:38:47 »
What did you have done to the cam?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline bex

Long awaited CB200 Build
« Reply #67 on: Apr 21, 2017, 02:01:14 »
It has a little bit of lift increase. And re-ground the rockers.
« Last Edit: Apr 21, 2017, 02:02:59 by bex »

Offline bex

Long awaited CB200 Build
« Reply #68 on: May 06, 2017, 05:06:49 »
Finally got the bracket design to fit. I'm going to see if there's enough space to get the mounting bolts replaced with with m8's. Otherwise happy with it now and all the clearances are good. Ready for machining.

Offline bex

« Reply #69 on: Jun 24, 2017, 17:37:53 »
Top end looking tidy now it's cleaned up, now for the real work to begin. Need to strip the bottom now too.