1973 ironhead 1000. "the dark side" dead tail

Tune-A-Fish said:
Meh, live and learn... dude knows we all do. what rim isit? maybe we can come up with a clean one to hit with epoxy 8)

yeah, and not to sound like billy bad butt, but I have a pretty much on/off temper, and the switch was about to be flipped, so it was just time to get outta there before it became way to big of a deal over a bad powder job on an old m/c rim.

Its just a stock rear cb350 18" rim. I know they have some kind of denotation (wm3) or something like that. I may just try to lightly ruff it up with the blaster and shoot epoxy over it. Also mikes xs sells a black shouldered aluminum 36 spoke rim for around a bill, but I don't think I want a shouldered aluminum rim on the front of the hardly...

sure is a Honda.. but its a 36 holer. Some of the smaller displacement bikes ran 36 spoke rims from what I understand

nevermind, but heres a bin with a fresh tire for a Ben

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Honda-CB350-Twin-Rear-Wheel-18-Sprocket-Good-Tire-1973-/231764847582?hash=item35f642ebde:g:4JIAAOSw8-tWVg55&vxp=mtr

not a bad price, anddd free shipping. looks pretty clean too. I have a few local bike salvage yards I may hit up first though. I take any excuse I can get to go walk around those =)

hurco550 said:
I have a few local bike salvage yards I may hit up first though. I take any excuse I can get to go walk around those =)

I'm not allowed to go to the yards.

Re: 1973 ironhead 1000. "the dark side" dead tail

Ha, my privileges haven't been revoked.... yet.

Hey, I still have that CL360 rear wheel here that was a good rim on it. If you want it you can have it... but you'll have to get it today or tomorrow or wait till March.

jus drive by and toss it in his yard on yer way out of town ;D

Mr welder, you could make a five spoke pinwheel with rim, some used spokes and some scrap rod welded to a chunk of tube. set it up on a couple notched 2X's like a balancer so you can paint the wheel nice and even with and of it gets the runs just keep it turning slow to flow it out.

Tune-A-Fish said:
jus drive by and toss it in his yard on yer way out of town ;D

Good idea... wonder if he'd be mad if he came out and found a MC wheel embedded in the back window of his car? ;D

Ridesolo saves the day again. Didn't hit the back window of my car though haha.
482db7a6cb5bdd216bd27ab5ce0aebb0.jpg

hurco550 said:
Ridesolo saves the day again. Didn't hit the back window of my car though haha.

Izzat 2 daily papers by the hedge ::)

Tune-A-Fish said:
Izzat 2 daily papers by the hedge ::)
Probably at least two. They decompose in a few years. Well the plastic may take a few hundred..

DohcBikes said:
Getting this one powdercoated?

May i suggest Racecraft, on Rt.4, just south of Marion? ;D ;D

...Too soon?
Yep, dropping it off this afternoon.... through the front widow ha

Quick mockup with a half re laced wheels (still waiting on my stainless spokes). I was thinking about painting the hub and brake black, but after seeing this, I think I'll leave it aluminum finish. Thoughts?
d7d4fb7c85fae8a3a79d74f5749b2452.jpg

It will look more classic in aluminium. Personally I'd leave as it, but it depends on the look you are going for I suppose.

Got me some s.s. spokes. Gotta go visit the in-laws for a few weeks in Georgia for the holidays, so I'm going to try to get the hub cleaned up so I can keep myself busy for a few hours down there lacing up the wheel =)
19c3328b12ad3e816d2d8f74441e94d2.jpg

Made a new coil mount to clear up room for the tank, whichever one I use. Kinda still digging the sporty tank even if it's not popular with everyone.
7aa3841e8a6f4488aa6cfbeb738bfa0c.jpg

ca4677094c577dc6cf8fe518eb647e3d.jpg

34636502c5962f899c25a77feba979fc.jpg

Thinking about making a new top clamp so I can run my cb550 tubes. They are about 3" shorter than the Harley tubes (which are 2" over stock). A bird in the hand. . .
99cfdf5af27324fc15fbfc31cfd29cff.jpg

Back
Top Bottom