XS Southeast 2016

jetmechmarty

Been Around the Block
XS Southeast 2016

XS Southeast 2016 will be held 23 through 26 September at Iron Horse Motorcycle Lodge. We have the entire resort reserved until 15 January. It's all up for grabs after that. No rush if primitive camping is your thing.

If you have a motorcycle and care to tour and hang with folks who have a passion for old Japanese iron, then make plans to join us. Make your reservation with the resort and we'll take it from there! We are a vintage Japanese rider's rally. All riders are welcome. Bring what ya got, stock or not!

http://www.facebook.com/XSSoutheast

Attachments

• brochure_2011.pdf
    855.6 KB · Views: 344
Greetings from Ironhorse!

We hope everyone has had a fantastic holiday season! If you are receiving this email then we have you listed as a leader/contact person for your group. As you know, we have been holding blocks of our lodging for your group since requested. The deadline for this hold is January 15th. If your group members have not contacted us to reserve as of yet, please remind them to do so. At the end of business Fri 1/15, we will release these held units to the general public. If you have any questions/concerns, please contact us in the office (M-F 9am-2pm) at 828-479-3864 or thru email at info@ironhorsenc.com.

We look forward to seeing all of you in the 2016 season!

Pam
Ironhorse Motorcycle Resort

This only applies to those who want a room. There is always plenty of camping. I'd love to have some of you there! The more the merrier!

XS Southeast Rally UPDATE
FYI: as of March 11 the Ironhorse still has blocked out 100% of their rooms just for us XS Riders
~ they are 'still' HOLDING their entire facility just for us so we can have 1st crack at getting a reservation ~

Its a very nice gesture & they do appreciate having us as much as we enjoy being at Ironhorse and
riding some of the Great American Classic Bike Roads around western NC + GA & TN & SC.

A lot of people have already booked
Some are waiting to book

Remember you can book now and hold your reservation with a credit card. Nothing is charged.
If your plans change and you need to cancel you can Cancel by July 23 without any costs or charges at all.

Available as of March 10, 2016
- Cabins: 103, 104, 203, 204
- Bunkhouse
- RV spots
- Homestead Rooms
- Lonestar Rooms
- Tent Camping

Remember Ironhorse has a Unload-Load dock for easy Off-On if you truck your bike

So your chance to BOOK before Ironhorse releases the available rooms to the general public.
Come join us, what you drive is irrelevant. The Rally fun & fellowship is great no matter if on XS11, any Vintage Japanese bike or whatever you got.
Bringing your RV or drive your car is great too. Ironhorse is a great BIKER venue built just for BIKERS to hang out + eat + ride + stay.

DATE: XS Southeast Rally September 23-24-25, 2016
Reservation info for Ironhorse: http://ironhorsenc.com/
Optional small Motel a few miles away: http://tuskeegeemotel.com/

Six months to go so i guess its time for getting down to routes & plans & shirts & planning that 'always hilariously funny' XSive Saturday night Awards event.

Guess that's it for now. And if you have never been to Ironhorse; well, we have a BLAST. BOOK EM'

XS%20Rally%20Planning_20160410_zpslc4ufh2k.jpg

Our first planning meeting was today. Lots to do.

Is these any interest over here on Do the Ton?

We're two months out and expecting a good turnout. If possible, I'd like to generate some interest here. Everyone is welcome. You arrange your meals and lodging with the Iron Horse, and we'll take care of the rest.

13239136_1152656434808304_1762263529557400468_n.jpg

jetmechmarty said:
Does anybody here care to offer encouragement, or should I just quit posting it to this forum?
Why would you go and do that?

I'm trying to generate some interest among the cafe racer/ custom crowd. The zero response is discouraging. Your reply, Deviant, may be all the encouragement I need.

We'll have at least 50 bikes, but I'd like 100. We have some checked in from Ontario, Michigan, Kansas, Florida, etc. I'd like to see some from Do the Ton. Last year, the banner from the Yamaha 650 Society was flying. We're looking for GS, KZ, CB, RD, etc. Bring 'em!

I read the thread, but you are going to have to come a lot further south and a lot further east and across a few oceans to peak my interest.

Don't get discouraged, just post up a heap of photos from this year's event and you will have more interest next year.

Maybe the name is offputting to riders of other bike families? Why not call it Jap Blast Rally 2016 or something silly like that ?

I'm interested. I haven't been on the forum as much the past few month. I'm not sure what my work schedule will be in September but if I can swing it I'd like to attend. I was going to come last year but ended up working second shift weekends all year.

datadavid said:
Maybe the name is offputting to riders of other bike families? Why not call it Jap Blast Rally 2016 or something silly like that ?

It used to be a vintage Japanese rally sponsored by a business. The XS1100 group supported it and kept it going. It evolved into XS Southeast from that. Those of us making the rally happen are trying expand. We had good participation from the Yamaha 650 Society last year, plus quite a few other outsiders. We usually put an inclusive slogan on the tee shirt. I appreciate the comment and I'll bring it up at the meeting for the 2017 event. This one is the 15th annual.

XS Southeast 15th Annual Fall Rally

Dates: Friday September 23 to Monday September 26
Where: Iron Horse Motorcycle Lodge in Stecoah, North Carolina
checkout: www.ironhorsenc.com

Hope you can spend the entire weekend, just a couple of days or if your schedule is tight, join up for a day ride and lunch. You won't want to miss this special 15th Annual event.

Here is the Schedule of Events

We have lots of time to Meet & Greet.
talk about the bikes, look at the bikes, ride the bikes, then talk about bikes & things at lunch & dinner
then rehash it all around the Campfire.

Since its the 15th Annual XSSE we will have some surprise extras this year.

Also don't want to miss the always funny Saturday night Awards event.
Schedule%20of%20Events_zpskjcvdpm6.jpg

Saturday & Sunday Ride Routes
The planned Saturday ride is NC28, NC116, Canada Rd NC281 to Hawg Wild BBQ in Brevard.
Then after lunch up US276 to the Blue Ridge Parkway to Cherokee back to I-H. something like that
About 110 miles each way AM & PM for a 220 mile ride

The planned Sunday ride will catch a few of these classic roads going To-From Etowah Tennessee.
Then wander back to I-H. something like that
Ride mileage is about the same as Saturday, about 220 miles

As in past years you can do your own thing -or- form your own group and make your own ride plan -or- just follow one of our 3 or 4 leaders.
(we hope to have a couple Pace Riders groups and a couple of Tourist & Photo Rider groups that stop a bit more for pictures & scenery)

Sunday ride prospects
Cherohaha-DragonLoop.jpg

Couple of Details:

1. Tent Camping is still Available at the Iron Horse. Maybe some availability in the Bunk House, but the Cabins are sold out (but call, its worth a try)

2. If you haven't made a motel reservation yet and would like to join the Rally try Tuskeegee Motel just 5 miles down NC 28 www.tuskeegeemotel.com/
or the San-Ran in Robbinsville or the Micro-Tel in Robbinsville or the Kickstand Lodge on NC 28 just east of the Stecoah Diner.

3. Arrive with FULL tank of gas. On Saturday AM the group will make the 1st gas stop about 60 miles out. So if you want to ride with a group have enough petrol to get you 60 miles.

4. Reminder, Iron Horse has a Unload-Load dock at pickup tailgate height. Makes for easy Off-On if you are hauling your bike in with a pickup truck.

5. If you have already made a Reservation with the Iron Horse they will email you the weekend Menu a couple days ahead (say Sept 20th)

6. Iron Horse provides nightly Dinner (quite tasty) AND breakfast too. Its a limited kitchen so they DO NOT have a full menu. But they offer a few nice selections for dinner and have a bigger offering for breakfast. (Note: food cost is not included with your cabin or bunkhouse or tent site)

7. If you are a Tent Camper you will need to setup credit card so you can Order Meals (dinner & breakfast). When you checkout you can settle the account with I-H just as the Cabin & Bunkhouse folks will be doing. But their account is already on file because of the advance Reservation.

See ya there
If you have already made your Reservations & Plans GREAT
See you at the Iron Horse on Friday September 23rd

> If you are still thinking about it, we hope you can arrange your schedule so you can attend

> or, if you haven't been to an XS Rally or the XSSE Rally just 'Do It'

"Yep, we need to make this 15th Annual XSSE Rally .......
I guess, we don't want to duck out of this one"
Ducks_20160308_zpsprirhf0q.jpg

..... hope our flamingo buds get the message!

Everybody is BUSY, but maybe this is a bucket list opportunity?
September 23rd in Stecoah North Carolina
Flamingo_0724_zpsizte3hnv.jpg

Be there if you can

XS1100, XJ1100, Vintage Japanese preferred, but ride what you got.
All Bikes Welcome

Heya Marty! I've spread the word about XS SE to my local people for a while now. Some aren't on the forum, some are quiet lurkers here. Don't be discouraged. A lot more people see the posts than comment on them.
Hope you have an awesome turnout (and beautiful weather!) this year.

Jenn

Back
Top Bottom