Post a pic of your motorcycle as it sits

ApriliaBill said:
Here you go. Rough ol truck... 0-60 in 4.5.....minutes (stock 216) 1949.

Nice! You call it rough; I'd call it road ready!
Oh to live somewhere warm all year!

1975 T500 Titan.....I will have owned this bike 40 years come next July !

Attachments

• IOM TT 2016 006.JPG
    IOM TT 2016 006.JPG
    5 MB · Views: 271
Titan performance said:
1975 T500 Titan.....I will have owned this bike 40 years come next July !

Wow! That's really nice. Is that front fender stock? I'd like to have that for my BSA...

Here they are:
The project '82 920 Virago (my buddy the welder next to it)

c3d6687a2b60b6e0241a86ee8bf2f014.jpg

The Tenere and the wife's bike put away so I have room for the project, this makes me sad.

8cc0c95cd8153d421b02c698f17a9df5.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

ApriliaBill said:
Wow! That's really nice. Is that front fender stock? I'd like to have that for my BSA...

Hi Bill....the front fender is a generic stainless steel fender, cut down, and bonded to a mounting bracket cut from 2mm stainless.

Attachments

• alpina 8 003.JPG
    alpina 8 003.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 224
Titan performance said:
Hi Bill....the front fender is a generic stainless steel fender, cut down, and bonded to a mounting bracket cut from 2mm stainless.

That takes more talent than I have, but I'll look for some cheap pieces and see if I can pull it off, but I guarantee it won't look that good...

This is still a heavy wip, but I just finished marrying this Honda-Davidson exhaust together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

• IMG_6699.JPG
    IMG_6699.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 216
My pair of 2-stroke projects as they sit.

20161208_roommates.jpg

The 1971 CT1C has been in parts gathering stage for a while, I just got started on some actual work when the 1967 YR1 caught my eye.

Unfortunately this is where the YR1 engine is at
20161206_fun-times1.jpg

The CT1C has only gone as far as some aluminum sanding... I'm painting fins with polished edges and will be polishing all of the case parts while waiting on a few more internals to be acquired.
20161104_more_sanding.jpg

James Hart said:
My pair of 2-stroke projects as they sit.

20161208_roommates.jpg

The 1971 CT1C has been in parts gathering stage for a while, I just got started on some actual work when the 1967 YR1 caught my eye.

Unfortunately this is where the YR1 engine is at
20161206_fun-times1.jpg

The CT1C has only gone as far as some aluminum sanding... I'm painting fins with polished edges and will be polishing all of the case parts while waiting on a few more internals to be acquired.
20161104_more_sanding.jpg

Shame about that Hooker pipe... They go for good money nowadays.

VonYinzer said:
A good metal worker could probably recreate the expansion chamber. I'd save that shield though. Good eye yinz! I was busy looking at that sissy bar.

VonYinzer said:

Yeah, that was the first thing I tracked down. I have a good used one and 2 iffy shields to try to restore on hand.

lostboy said:
A good metal worker could probably recreate the expansion chamber. I'd save that shield though. Good eye yinz! I was busy looking at that sissy bar.

I really wanted a luggage rack for the YR1, but I am really really digging on the sissy bar now that it has grown on me.

20161115_YR1-02.jpg

James Hart said:
Yeah, that was the first thing I tracked down. I have a good used one and 2 iffy shields to try to restore on hand.

I really wanted a luggage rack for the YR1, but I am really really digging on the sissy bar now that it has grown on me.

20161115_YR1-02.jpg
I think it's sweet.

ApriliaBill said:
That takes more talent than I have, but I'll look for some cheap pieces and see if I can pull it off, but I guarantee it won't look that good...

Bill....it's not that difficult/I'm not that clever. I mocked up a brace from card.....then got it waterjet cut from 2mm stainless. I bent it accordingly, and cut and bonded a stainless fender to it.....not rocket science. Here it is before bending and polishing, next to my new instrument mount.

Attachments

• alpina 8 001.JPG
    alpina 8 001.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 216
Titan performance said:
Bill....it's not that difficult/I'm not that clever. I mocked up a brace from card.....then got it waterjet cut from 2mm stainless. I bent it accordingly, and cut and bonded a stainless fender to it.....not rocket science. Here it is before bending and polishing, next to my new instrument mount.

Thanks for the pics, gives me something to work with. I kinda live in the boonies. I'll have to see if there is a water jet in the next town over...

ApriliaBill said:
Thanks for the pics, gives me something to work with. I kinda live in the boonies. I'll have to see if there is a water jet in the next town over...
I've never personally used this site (my dad has a waterjet) but this place does it from quote to delivered part online.. May be worth check-in out.

http://www.bigbluesaw.com

Here is my current project 1976 CB550 and in the background my 1974 CB550 as it has sat for 3 years

Attachments

• IMG_3031.JPG
    IMG_3031.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 217
mothgils said:
Here is my current project 1976 CB550 and in the background my 1974 CB550 as it has sat for 3 years

Ahhhhh....

Memories. I miss my '75 590...

Back
Top Bottom