eBay seats....anyone tried one on a CB/CL350?

scott s

Over 1,000 Posts
DTT BOTM WINNER
There are several versions and styles of this seat on eBay, from several different sellers. The pan is pretty much the same and comes with those three brackets. Just wondering if anyone has tried one on a CB/CL350 yet and how did it fit?
They are shorter and slightly more narrow than a stock CL350 seat.

I have that seat in Brown.....personally it needs more padding
But I haven't tried it on a CB/Cl

Hey Scott- Did you try one of those seats from eBay? i am looking to put the same seat on my '71 CB350 and wanted to know if this worked well for you.

I have not. There's a guy on the Honda Twins site that showed a pic and I didn't like the way it sat....too high. But there's a CL link in the "fail" thread that shows one sitting nicely on the frame rails.
I wish there was a way to test fit one and see if I could make it work to my liking.

I just received mine, here it is on my kz550 and v star 650, wanted to try it and if it works have a new cover put on it but decent seat for $70 from China.

Attachments

• 20161229_120630.jpg
    20161229_120630.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 359
  • 20161229_120712.jpg
    20161229_120712.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 376
I purchased a brown version of the one you posted. The padding is a bit thin. The biggest thing to watch for is the front face of the seat is totally vertical. This is a problem with my CB360 as the tank rear angle collides at the bottom, leaving a 5/8" gap at the top. Very ugly. Haven't solved it yet and the seat may have to go. The vinyl seems suitable though.

Back
Top Bottom