CrispyB550

Bit the bullet and dropped the frame and swing arm off at the media blaster...and two hours later it was ready to pick up! I've tried to use as many local services as possible on this build and so far they have all delivered fantastic service.

14324455_10154515769524467_6355324087054300497_o.jpg

Frame, swing arm and a load of other small brackets and bits are at the powder coater as I type. The final finish is going to be a bit of a surprise....if he has enough of the textured black powder he'll use it if not it'll be satin black. I'm off on freelance jobs for the next week and then a supermoto track weekend in Cumbria, I'll be picking it all up as soon as I'm back home. Can't wait to see it all.

I hope he's got enough of that textured finish too gonna look awesome mate ,definitely on the return journey and a nom for BOTM enjoy your track time mate looking forward to more when you get back .

yorkie350 said:
I hope he's got enough of that textured finish too gonna look awesome mate ,definitely on the return journey and a nom for BOTM enjoy your track time mate looking forward to more when you get back .

Thanks Yorkie350. Ireally can't wait to get back and continue playing. I wish I'd done this years ago

Anyone know of a place in the UK that I can order OEM parts for my CB build? I'm particularly in need of number 4 in the picture below:

honda-cb550f2-super-sport-550-four-1977-england-rear-fork-chain_big00026138f20_bcf4.gif

BUSH CUSHION CB550F2 SUPER SPORT 550 FOUR 1977 ENGLAND

Make em... liquid urethane, look up Adventurco here he just made some.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4vPyhl1r7g

Tune-A-Fish said:
Make em... liquid urethane, look up Adventurco here he just made some.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4vPyhl1r7g

I think for the amount of time it takes I'd rather buy them and spend precious shed time on something else but interesting to see they can be made in a pinch.

I seem to remember some place called Silver something or other that sells oem parts?

Go onto davidsilverspares .com they got most parts for Honda all new most nos too or ebay they aren't too expensive mate

Subcribed, no worries on the wiring, I absolutely LOVE the motogadget products. He M-Unit makes wiring a cake walk. I also have the their bar end led blinkers and the M-Unit can fade them in and out. Stupid cool looking! Love that it has an alarm built in too. It's brilliant stuff. Actually going to use the M-Unit on a car and a boat.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Got my tyres mounted onto the freshly powdered wheels and they're looking good! Heard from the people who are powder coating the frame, swinger and other bits and I can pick it up on Wednesday. Hopefully by the weekend I'll have a rolling chassis 8)

Nice work crispy. Just read your thread through. The curved seat looks great. In my humble opinion it is the ONLY way to do a brat seat. Upholstered flat planks just make me vom.

Got the frame, swingarm and other brackets from powder coat yesterday, unfortunately not enough textured black for everything :'( but it's still looking all brand new in it's new satin outfit. Couldn't resist a little mockup.....happy chappy!

14434796_10154554563709467_5227068115600587454_o.jpg

The seat is throwing me off mang. you have a solid looking cafe base clip ons and a brat bent skateboard seat ???

Tune-A-Fish said:
The seat is throwing me off mang. you have a solid looking cafe base clip ons and a brat bent skateboard seat ???

I sort of see what you mean but I really didn't just want another Café Racer that was exactly the same silhouette as everything else. The clip-ons are actually relatively high so the overall balance suits the brat seat. I'll be doing some longer trips on it next year so the longer seating are will give me room to shift around. I also have plans in motion for a removable rear rack that will only work with this style of seat and not a Cafe hump.

Come to think of it I have a fibreglass seat pan and hump that I could modify and make removeable. Right, I'm off to the shed for a play.

CrispyDesigns said:
I sort of see what you mean but I really didn't just want another Café Racer that was exactly the same silhouette as everything else. The clip-ons are actually relatively high so the overall balance suits the brat seat. I'll be doing some longer trips on it next year so the longer seating are will give me room to shift around. I also have plans in motion for a removable rear rack that will only work with this style of seat and not a Cafe hump.

Come to think of it I have a fibreglass seat pan and hump that I could modify and make removeable. Right, I'm off to the shed for a play.

Well don't let me influence the build, I am but one opinion from sane... I can tell you tho... if you plant to go long, you will need more padding or a nice Zeppelin to toss on :eek:

Love the wheels and the mock up. I understand with the seat you can move around on. Those brat seats wouldn't have much cushion.

More progress on the CB today. Mostly small detail jobs but god is in the detail as they say. Final mount of the rear indicators on the rear shock mounts, tail light mounted and hole drilled to hide the wires, license plate bracket (as slick and minimal as I can make it....I'd rather it wasn't there but needs must) and also mounted the rearsets and attached the rear master cylinder....slowly, slowly catchy monkey.

14468441_10154565222649467_3625449790198706249_o.jpg

14457546_10154565196699467_5835954013512133237_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom