Carb Question

1fasgsxr

Over 1,000 Posts
I am cleaning carbs on a ZX-11D and the floats have a piece that connects them together..
How critical is it that the pieces are connected? One of them is separated at the float itself.
This is what they look like.

Attachments

• s-l300.jpg
    s-l300.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 695
It looks like they are connected because of the way the floats are designed, with the majority of the float being farther away from the pivot point, there may be a chance that they would move independently without the piece connecting them. Are the floats rubber? It's tough to tell from the pic on my phone. If they are metal you can probably solder it back on. If not they are probably available for the dealer or eBay for relatively short money.

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

Plastic, readily available, seem affordable, I think I would just replace it. Or put a dab of JB Weld at the joint.

adventurco said:
It looks like they are connected because of the way the floats are designed, with the majority of the float being farther away from the pivot point, there may be a chance that they would move independently without the piece connecting them. Are the floats rubber? It's tough to tell from the pic on my phone. If they are metal you can probably solder it back on. If not they are probably available for the dealer or eBay for relatively short money.

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON
they are plastic

I will just tell the owner he needs a new one. Bikebandit.com has them for 38 bucks...genuine Kawasaki part too

Back
Top Bottom