A-65 DeadTail Restart

It stretched the front 2" overall, forks an inch and the wheel is 2" bigger so that's an inch, but the XL has hash marks on the stanchions to lower in the trees so I can drop it some if need be.

But yes, this is the final deal I think... man lots of work down the drain, had all the parts to run hydro brakes almost done now going all mechanical which I could of done in a few hours a long time ago

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

It happens, look at it this way the hydro setup goes on the next bike, it was overkill for the dead tail anyway

I hate to see the disc brake setup go, but IMHO the bike looks better with a mechanical front brake.

Just sayin'

s-l500.jpg

Disk is more functional but drum looks better IMHO. And with electrics through the bars for a clean look it will kick it up a notch. Nice change in direction. I'm about function before form, but it also has to look right as well as work well.

Yeah. I didn't want to rub that in.... LOL. I grew up in the UK with Brit bikes and they were fast enough for us and stopped well enough for the time, so it's all about horses for course and having adequate brakes for the purpose and for today's traffic and distracted drivers.

That small brake can always be improved with better linings and good set up and if it's inadequate a comical hub would be a (slight) upgrade. A small 4ls might be a fun way to go, but a bit spendy.

Well good news is, I have the parts to do this or the stock Honda rotor but not cutting the fresh legs for the big Brembo, I can swap it whichever in little time now... I'll just keep the other front end pit stop ready lol

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

irk miller said:
He said comical hub ;D ;D ;D

Sure did. Just a little play on words. They were designed to look like a Manx Norton conical hub and then they added radial stub fins and a no linkage TLS arrangement. Hence the "comical " name.

Like journalists Alan CrashCart and Loose Brain Smith or Honda Lead wing and so on......

teazer said:
Sure did. Just a little play on words. They were designed to look like a Manx Norton conical hub and then they added radial stub fins and a no linkage TLS arrangement. Hence the "comical " name.

Like journalists Alan CrashCart and Loose Brain Smith or Honda Lead wing and so on......
Oh, damn. Learned a lesson there. I thought you were making a typo, that was sort of a Freudian slip.

irk miller said:
Oh, damn. Learned a lesson there. I thought you were making a typo, that was sort of a Freudian slip.

Would not have been the first time that I made a typo, bit in this case it was deliberate.

It's too far back to remember but I seem to recall that they were a copy of the Manx hub which was a great brake. In this case it wasn't much better than the old SLS brake and that as a "development" or progress was pretty comical, so the name sort of stuck.

You have to remember that came from a country where we used to fit "Bacon slicers" to front wheels to make them look like the cooling ring around some race brakes. Different countries/cultures trend to have different sense of humor.

Back
Top Bottom