www.bisonmotorsports.com

www.speedmotoco.com

www.cognitomoto.com

www.townmoto.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.Moto-Madness.com

www.pistonsociety.com

www.steeltowngarage.com

Author Topic: A-65 DeadTail Restart  (Read 16765 times)

Offline Tune-A-Fishİ

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • BOTM LOSER Proudly Deplorable
Re: A-65 DeadTail Restart
« Reply #40 on: Sep 12, 2016, 14:56:10 »
I also agree.  Small honda XL headlight or from an earlier dual sport.

Thats what I thought, but I opened it to see and it has a Kawasaki sticker init.

It's just tied up Adco.

Miff I hear ya, I need to get it mocked up and done for paint, I did see the Smith speedo and it's correct along with the HL, we cant run yellow not sure on the laws for speedo
"I didn't come here and I ain't leavin"  Willie Nelson

"love hard, live fast, die fun" Kacey Musgraves

"Like a Wreckin Ball!" Eric Church

Offline Tune-A-Fishİ

• DTT SUPPORTER
« Reply #41 on: Sep 12, 2016, 19:18:35 »
Working through and shit changes  :-[ 

I want these pegs so I need to reach over to the the shifter this creates a linkage system so the fab begins again... already screwed me on the brake (lefty controls) switching between tigin and migin  :o still workin the throw out and clearances around the wicked kicker that I need to reshape some because it sticks out from all the Lightning body and crap  8)

Offline Tune-A-Fishİ

• DTT SUPPORTER
« Reply #42 on: Sep 12, 2016, 22:58:34 »
Big gauge looks right, the SS housing is spiffy.

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

Meant to mention that the gauge is just a stock brushed steel, lots of turns with green pad.

Offline teazer

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
« Reply #43 on: Sep 13, 2016, 00:57:30 »
Tune, would moving the pegs forward a little work with the ergonomics?  That might give you a little more room to work with.  An other possibility is to use the old rear set style with the gear shifter looping over the kickstarter. 

Offline Tune-A-Fishİ

• DTT SUPPORTER
« Reply #44 on: Sep 13, 2016, 09:39:46 »
oh just to add using a folding foot rest will help with kick start clearance,i used the rear peg of the donor bike

the ones im using fold

Offline Tune-A-Fishİ

• DTT SUPPORTER
« Reply #45 on: Sep 13, 2016, 09:43:20 »
Tune, would moving the pegs forward a little work with the ergonomics?  That might give you a little more room to work with.  An other possibility is to use the old rear set style with the gear shifter looping over the kickstarter.

I could use the stock bracket as a mount and do some creative adaption to the pegs but the kicker is in the path if I go up over... I don't want forward controls and this position is very comfortable, had lots of riders test it and the target buyer is short... he loves the bike and he's a pro rider so good exposure lol

Offline Tune-A-Fishİ

• DTT SUPPORTER
« Reply #46 on: Sep 13, 2016, 10:46:49 »
I will end up with something like this but still working on clearance at the kicker may be that I drop the shift pivot a tad more and the peg a 1/2 in or so to follow with a narrower bolt on heim joint then shave the nut/bolts and tack weld to look like a factory pressed in pin.

Brain banging shit for a simple thing

Flip ups mang!

Offline Tune-A-Fishİ

• DTT SUPPORTER
« Reply #47 on: Sep 13, 2016, 10:51:23 »

oh just to add using a folding foot rest will help with kick start clearance,i used the rear peg of the donor bike

That is sweet but causes a tuck position

Offline teazer

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
« Reply #48 on: Sep 13, 2016, 12:54:35 »
I completely forgot that Brit bikes tend to use the cotter pin like and old bicycle pedal crank.  I was going to suggest adapting a folding kickstart lever and heat and bend it for more clearance.  You could probably weld and machine the lower part of that lever to take a folding kicker off another bike but that's going to be a 5 minute job. 

OK so another off the wall idea.  Take the linkage up and across the frame for left foot shifting and just have a brake lever on that side.  That would be even more work and maybe a brake lever would take up the same space as the shifter.

OK. last idea.  How about moving the pegs back just a couple of inches and revers the shifter (and shorten it).  No linkage but the kicker will probably still hit.  Damn.  Now you know why my latest project has a cover over the kickstarter shaft ;-) Not an option on that bike though.

Looks like a folding kicker might be in that bike's future.  this one is a touch pricey http://www.motorcyclealley.co.nz/buy/item/175651/57-4941-kickstart-lever-assembly-t160/

I have some GT750 kickstart levers you are welcome to have if you could modify the stock clamp to fit it.  They look like

http://www.ebay.com/itm/72-SUZUKI-GT750-GT-750-WATER-BUFFALO-OEM-KICKSTART-LEVER-KICK-START-PEDAL-/231753931866?hash=item35f59c5c5a:g:1g8AAOSwsFpWSKFx&vxp=mtr

Offline Tune-A-Fishİ

• DTT SUPPORTER
« Reply #49 on: Sep 13, 2016, 13:04:29 »
I completely forgot that Brit bikes tend to use the cotter pin like and old bicycle pedal crank.  I was going to suggest adapting a folding kickstart lever and heat and bend it for more clearance.  You could probably weld and machine the lower part of that lever to take a folding kicker off another bike but that's going to be a 5 minute job. 

OK so another off the wall idea.  Take the linkage up and across the frame for left foot shifting and just have a brake lever on that side.  That would be even more work and maybe a brake lever would take up the same space as the shifter.

OK. last idea.  How about moving the pegs back just a couple of inches and revers the shifter (and shorten it).  No linkage but the kicker will probably still hit.  Damn.  Now you know why my latest project has a cover over the kickstarter shaft ;-) Not an option on that bike though.

Looks like a folding kicker might be in that bike's future.  this one is a touch pricey http://www.motorcyclealley.co.nz/buy/item/175651/57-4941-kickstart-lever-assembly-t160/

I have some GT750 kickstart levers you are welcome to have if you could modify the stock clamp to fit it.  They look like

http://www.ebay.com/itm/72-SUZUKI-GT750-GT-750-WATER-BUFFALO-OEM-KICKSTART-LEVER-KICK-START-PEDAL-/231753931866?hash=item35f59c5c5a:g:1g8AAOSwsFpWSKFx&vxp=mtr

FLODING Kicker!!! You duh man Teaser! I have the CB one and a KZ one to try! I would build the shift/brake swap kit but want to keep the bike as period BSA in the mechanics as I can, gotta keep some of these things around so we don't forget how when we ride a friends lefty ya know  :P