Cb350 carb drain issues.

Marcthedesigner

Hello everyone.

I'm having a hell of a time rebuilding my 1969 honda cb350 keihin 3d carbs.

More specificall...

Most drain plugs I find online have this larger diameter head that hits the body of the float bowl before screwing in. Anyone run into this issue before? I can't seem to find the smaller head drain screws.

Also I have noticed that my bike doesn't have a nosil to insert an overflow drain tube. It's just a hole in the bottom of the bowl. Once again based in research I have never seen anything like this so finding help is a big problem.

Any help is much appreciated.

Marc

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using DO THE TON mobile app

Attachments

• 1473335048134.jpg
    1473335048134.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 741
  • 1473335063652.jpg
    1473335063652.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 755
  • 1473335071851.jpg
    1473335071851.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 755
That's strange, what model carbs do you have? The thread is same as vacuum plugs on CB360. If you can't find anyat a reasonable price let me know and I can make some for you or mail me the ones you have and I'll turn heads down to fit. I have various adapters for holding that size thread so it won't get damaged

crazypj said:
That's strange, what model carbs do you have? The thread is same as vacuum plugs on CB360. If you can't find anyat a reasonable price let me know and I can make some for you or mail me the ones you have and I'll turn heads down to fit. I have various adapters for holding that size thread so it won't get damaged
They are keihin model 3D carbs. I can't find any. Right now I'm resorting to sanding down the caps of the new plugs I bought.

As I said, if you want to mail them to me I'll turn them down for you.
You'll only have to pay postage both ways

I ended up hooking them up to a drill
And holding them against a file to add a chamfer to the inside edge. They fit great now, thank you for your suggestions. I'll post photos soon.

Still no solution on the overflow drainage hole though.

Check the standpipe in float bowl isn't cracked. It's a common problem

You might be able to drill and tap a thread into there......and insert a drain tube with some loctite.

If you don't have any leaks, you don't need any tube on there.
Maybe those float bowls are off real early carbs or even CB77?

Yep. BSA used a 'bent tray' to direct any leaks away from crankcase, I've been thinking of something similar as it would also keep heat away from float bowl.
Heres a pic from eBay for pattern
http://www.ebay.com/itm/new-pressed-steel-chrome-plated-CARBURETTOR-DRIP-TRAY-BSA-A7-A10-part-no-67-0120-/361746874285?hash=item5439cb3fad:m:m4eSHFxx4kx6fq70X2waCvg&vxp=mtr

Back
Top Bottom