83 Suzuki GR 650 brake light

jacksonbondi

Hello all,

Ive been re modelling this old girl for a while now, a labour of love as you will.

My latest issue is the brake light. The bulb is fine, all fuses are sweet and i have all other lights functioning.

I recently chopped the seat sub frame to allow for a flat single seat and a new fender, is it possible ive screwed with a grounding wire somewhere? Whats the best way to find the fault?

Any help is met with gratitude as im a novice (its my first bike).

Thanking you kindly gents :)

if it has 3 wires coming out of the unit then your ground is prob much further back along the loom, if it has two then you may well have upset the ground somewhere closer to home, it would be unlikely to be a 2 wire system being an 80s jap bike, I assume the tail-light is still working so that is therefore getting earth and they'd be on the same earth wire
check the switch is working at the brake pedal itself and is still connected
get a continuity tester/multimeter and check that the wire from the switch to the light has current
drink beer and good luck

Thanks spotty,

Its not a grounding issue, no connection issues, so its looking like the brake switch. Riddle me this though; there is another switch for the front brake, yeah? Why is the front brake not getting through? just a curious thought..

Thanks for the input, its nice to have another opinion when such a novice ass myself is attempting to locate faults.

Thanking a whole heap mate :)

Enjoy your weekend dude.

that's got to be one of two things, break in the wire after the two currents join up or the bulb is fecked (have you tried another bulb just to check?)

Back
Top Bottom