www.speedmotoco.com

www.cognitomoto.com

www.townmoto.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.Moto-Madness.com

www.pistonsociety.com

www.steeltowngarage.com

QUESTIONS ABOUT THE SITE? TROUBLE REGISTERING? ADMIN@DOTHETON.COM

Author Topic: 1975 XLCH Sportster Hardtail Chopper Turn Around The Junk Draw Special  (Read 4311 times)

Offline NoHonestlyitsme

• Build it and they will love
I'm still thinking of having 2 tanks for this one and swap them on and off. I have stock Red White and Blue AMF Decals fro a black tank, and then something similar to this old paint and hand paint depending on the mood.

Build It And They Will Love.

Offline JustinLonghorn

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • No Purple Hearts, No Blue Ribbons
I like that idea, man.
I'm going to eat your brains and gain your knowledge.

Into The Sunset, CB750 build

TT500 the Animal

Offline NoHonestlyitsme

Black

Offline NoHonestlyitsme

Well, the Le Pera seat is back. I think i'm going to go to this with a low square sissy/strut instead of the trident. I also welded the rear tank tab tonight.

Offline o1marc

• Creative Candy Powder Coating
Tank on the red bike is hideous. ??? Someone thought that looked good?

Offline NoHonestlyitsme

Tank on the red bike is hideous. ??? Someone thought that looked good?

Yea it was awful. But I don't know what's worse; the way it looked, or the fact someone paid me $75 to take it away.

Offline NoHonestlyitsme

Well I scored a few things at a local Swap Meet @ Jay Roche's New Tradition Co. For this bike a complete 18" Borrani rear wheel and older Metzler tire, a bitchin Santee vertical hex oil tank ( that may be too tall) and a bitchin Sparkle tank with a hand painted Lorax dr suess theme. Also got a ton of factory take off parts for the Maroon bike I'm working on and another 77 XLH we got since getting the other too.

Here are some pictures of this wreck coming together.

The tank had these stripes and fading repop amf sticker so that got the Easy Off treatment and looks fresh

'
Pretty ironic I guess to have this tank end up on this bike. The image is from the Lorax, the quote is 'Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,Nothing is going to get better. It's not.' which is sort've the whole concept of this build. If I didn't care about fixing the bike, it would still be in the mud on a broken HF bike jack with a fucking doorbell start button, next to a double wide in New Hampshire.

Grips will be grey or black, exhaust is still a ?

Offline coyote13

Very serendipitous.  And coming along nicely too!  Real bitchin' bikes once you get 'em all sorted out
Half the fun's in the get there...

Offline NoHonestlyitsme

Very serendipitous.  And coming along nicely too!  Real bitchin' bikes once you get 'em all sorted out

Yea they are just like old sewing machines that you get to ride. If you don't want to keep them tuned up, they don't run. That's not the bikes fault.

here's some more updates:

Rear wheel set up I scored last week finally mounted up

Here is my replacement Dew MFG tree set up with my bamboo trees.

Offline NoHonestlyitsme

I got after the Dew Trees and my Split bar mount on last night

You can see here how bad they were before, I also replaced it with the more triangular top yoke

The 75 Gauge mount fork caps were swapped out for some flat ones

The bars look so much better down and forward. I'll keep my eyes out for a black split clamp to mute the chrome, but this is shaping up