VM24's on a stock cb360?

eightsevenzero

Been Around the Block
For Christmas I got a new set of vm24's as a gift and I was wondering if these would work for my cb360 project I've had sitting? The guy said they don't need jetting like the VM30's require but I'm not really sure about the validity of that statement. Cb360 is stock but would be running UNI's and those cheap universal bolt on muffler cans on the headers.

All carbs require proper jetting for your bike and specific intake/exhaust setup. I would not expect the bike to run properly after simply bolting on a different set of carbs. Also, VM24's seem like they would be pretty small for a CB360... Just my $0.02
Maybe someone else with more knowledge than myself can provide some more helpful insight, though...

Sent from my One X using Tapatalk

VM30s are what most people use for the 360, but I prefer the 28s. Anything smaller would probably compromise top end power.

Keihin 24mm carbs were stock on the CL350 and are probably fine for a street bike. 28 is arguably better - if they are oval bore Keihins and 30 for more top end if you have roads and traffic conditions that allow for that.

The probability of the stock jets being exactly what your bike needs is low, but anything is possible. Smaller carbs tend to have stronger jet signals (pressure difference across the jet) and therefore tend to be easier to jet and more responsive to changes.

Back
Top Bottom