1981 cb750f with gsxr750 carbs

cbkiddo

What's up guys and gals? New user here. Anyways, iv got a 1981 cb750f with a set of 1987 gsxr750 carbs. I re-jetted them before replacing rings and gaskets a few months ago. Iv got it running, but the first and second rubber intake hoses, (between the carbs and engine) keep fluttering while idling. carbs 3 and 4 don't flutter. I drove the bike into town to be tuned and inspected because this is my first project bike. I bought stiffer hoses to cut and install on the bike. once installed, ill see if it fixes the flutter, but is this a common occurrence and/or should I consider some further measures such at taping the pods?(which doesn't make since due to carbs one and two fluttering, In my opinion).

PS. if this is in the wrong place, let me know.

collapse on themselves, as if sucking air out of a balloon. Or breathing into a paper bag. Its just funny how I had the carbs tuned at this same shop with the same gripe but it wasn't an issue then. :eek:

I know some guys have tried radiator hose with good success. The biggest problem is that the rubber hose becomes soft with heat. You may want to look into some cr's.

get some marine rad hose it has several plys of both cotton and heavy fabric some even have wire

Fixed the hoses by cutting thicker ones and putting them on there but now she smokes and idles around 2500. I think it may be getting too much fuel? Not a true solid/constant idle either. It's white smoke from take pipe as well as the small breather from down below and tail pipe.

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

27b937b62c28855c1d4c5419464473f7.jpg

If it's smoking a lot could be you're getting blow back past your rings. I'd do a compression test. Possibly a leak down to see what's actually going on. Or it could be that it's really cold and you have a lot of condensation in the crankcase. Either way I'd do a compression test or leak down.

I'll definitely do that. I just did new rings and seals. It's not too hard of a job but very time consuming. Hopefully it's not that. Thanks though!!

I did put in bigger jets when I first got the bike. Back when I was trying to get it to start the first time.

If you just did the piston rings then they probably just haven't seated yet. I would heat cycle it, google breaking in a new motorcycle engine.

Back
Top Bottom