Run/Brake/Indicator lights.

rv1890

Hi everyone,

Long time lurker, first time poster. Been searching for awhile now.

Does anyone know of a good combo Run/brake/Indicator light that can be mounted on the rear shock posts (where the factory indicator light would mount) ?

I don't want to break up the lines of the rear with a bulky brake light and then add separate indicator lights. It would be nice to leave the rear end smooth.

I cant seem to find anything that has red for run and brake, and amber for indicators, all built into one unit.

Thanks in advance

You could you something like this, but make a different mount for the license plate.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Motorcycle-Bike-LED-Stop-Tail-Turn-Signal-Brake-License-Plate-Integrated-Light-/181519580460?hash=item2a4368fd2c:g:7A8AAOSwRLZUDHd7&vxp=mtr

I have used these on a couple builds. They are expensive, but considering what you get, its well worth it.
http://www.hightechspeed.com/products/xarc/index.html
They are very well made, super tiny, and come in a dual color version. It has a ground wire, turn signal wire, stop and running wires. The turn signal wire is connected to yellow LEDs and obviously the stop and running are red. So basically it functions as running, stop and turn signals all in one without any special modulators. I highly recommend them. Check out my bike of the month suzuki T500 from a couple months ago. I used these on that bike.

alzcbz said:
You could you something like this, but make a different mount for the license plate.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Motorcycle-Bike-LED-Stop-Tail-Turn-Signal-Brake-License-Plate-Integrated-Light-/181519580460?hash=item2a4368fd2c:g:7A8AAOSwRLZUDHd7&vxp=mtr
I bought one of those have not used it yet but nice little unit, license plate holes don't match up.

sbaugz said:
I have used these on a couple builds. They are expensive, but considering what you get, its well worth it.
http://www.hightechspeed.com/products/xarc/index.html
They are very well made, super tiny, and come in a dual color version. It has a ground wire, turn signal wire, stop and running wires. The turn signal wire is connected to yellow LEDs and obviously the stop and running are red. So basically it functions as running, stop and turn signals all in one without any special modulators. I highly recommend them. Check out my bike of the month suzuki T500 from a couple months ago. I used these on that bike.

Do you mind me asking what you paid for them? Look really nice and a great replacement for my cheapies.

$150 but considering what you are getting, its not that bad. It takes the place of rear signals and the stop/run light. Super bright and super tiny (about half the size of typical "mini" signals). Well worth it.

If you click my link above to the product page, there is a tab that says "purchase". You can also buy on ebay for $150 with free shipping.

Nice but way too expensive for me. If you have any electronics experience you could buy some cheap Chinese ones and re-engineer with dual or triple colour LED's. You have tail lights and indicators but no brake light, dead easy to get run over without one when people don't realise your slowing down

no no no, this is what you want

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/LED-Wireless-Motorcycle-Full-Face-Helmet-Brake-Stop-Turn-Signal-Light-Indicator-/222119524200?hash=item33b75af768:g:j84AAOSwGYVW9Kqk

looks legit to me, i'm sure it would be totally legal

LOL, totally legal everywhere (I don't think) OK as an auxiliary but I wouldn't risk getting a ticket with just that

crazypj said:
Nice but way too expensive for me. If you have any electronics experience you could buy some cheap Chinese ones and re-engineer with dual or triple colour LED's. You have tail lights and indicators but no brake light, dead easy to get run over without one when people don't realise your slowing down

That's not true pj. With that setup I linked above, you have yellow indicator lights and two different intensity red lights. Low red is running and high intensity red for brakes. While the brake light is on, you will get alternating yellow and red on the side you are turning to.

I know because I have personally used these on two builds. It does not require any special brake or turn modulators. It's a simple four wire setup. Yes it's $150, but you are eliminating the need for a separate tail light. And it's quality made stuff in the USA- billet, tiny, super bright.

And to respond to your safety comment, these tiny led lights are way brighter than any 1970's stock lights. Just because they are small doesn't mean they aren't safe.

sbaugz said:
That's not true pj. With that setup I linked above, you have yellow indicator lights and two different intensity red lights. Low red is running and high intensity red for brakes. While the brake light is on, you will get alternating yellow and red on the side you are turning to.
And to respond to your safety comment, these tiny led lights are way brighter than any 1970's stock lights. Just because they are small doesn't mean they aren't safe.

Ah, didn't realise they were dual intensity red. It's probably a good deal, just more than I want to pay ;)
The safety thing, I know modern LED's can be way brighter than 1970's 'glow worms', I grew up with them ;D

I have cheap versions on my build now and so these are a quality upgrade for when I get to the finishing stage.

Yeah, those X-ARC's have the functions I need, and yes, they are expensive. I initially saw those, but asked this site hoping there were some less expensive ones.

Back
Top Bottom