CB360 air filters

randy lahey

It seems to be common knowledge that pod filters aren't ideal on a cb360, although I've read that the K&N pods are decent. Anybody try UNI filters on a 360? How do they compare?

On my 76 CB360. I had an "easier" time tuning after replacing 2 stage Uni filters w K&N RU-1820 oval filters. After modifying the stock carbs to operate within reason. I found no discernible performance difference between the K&Ns and good old stock filters w boxes below 5krpm. However, 6krpm+ she seems to build rpm a little bit quicker. (nothing amazing ::) )
http://www.knfilters.com/search/product.aspx?prod=RU-1820

A vid I made riding my cb360 w K&Ns installed following a buddy riding his cb550. Sorry the annoying little static-y sound is the camera vibrating inside its case. But you will get the jist of it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Er-9wJ-yapk

Pictured here w K&Ns. Once, I finish my bmw project I plan to revisit and remove the K&Ns and run stock filters/boxes permanently. Simply because I prefer the appearance of the stock filter boxes over the pods. And I havent found enough performance benefits to warrant pods. I havent made any performance mods to the engine. Shes just a stock and reliable runner. 8)
11494-181215062659.jpeg

If you have made performance mods to your engine, (cam or punched out to 378cc) you may find the K&Ns to perform better.

" data-source="" class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--expandable bbCodeBlock--quote js-expandWatch">
Tune-A-Fish said:
Is your swingarm stock Trek? that thing looks like it's longer than stock in all your pics :eek:
Yeah, he stretched it. No twisties in his part of Illinois

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

I run UNIs, had my carbs touched by PJs magic hands. I have nothing to compare to since the airbox was gone when I bought the bike.

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

I replaced my stock filters be cutting of the paper element and installing uni foam and oil filled with silicone. And keeping the stock airbox.

Back
Top Bottom