www.speedmotoco.com

www.cognitomoto.com

www.townmoto.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.Moto-Madness.com

www.pistonsociety.com

www.steeltowngarage.com

GET DTT UPDATES ON FACEBOOK AND TWITTER

Author Topic: XS650RR Project  (Read 19164 times)

Offline Tim

• Administrator
  • DTT SUPPORTER
    • DO THE TON
Re: XS650RR Project
« Reply #10 on: Feb 17, 2007, 18:30:36 »
64 spokes in the front?  That could look kind of neat.  Will have to find a pic of those wheels.
"Quality . . . you know what it is, yet you don't know what it is. But that's self-contradictory. But some things are better than others, that is, they have more quality. But when you try to say what the quality is, apart from the things that have it, it all goes poof! There's nothing to talk about. But if you can't say what Quality is, how do you know what it is, or how do you know that it even exists? If no one knows what it is, then for all practical purposes it doesn't exist at all. But for all practical purposes it really does exist."

Offline Tim

• Administrator
  • DTT SUPPORTER
    • DO THE TON
« Reply #11 on: Feb 18, 2007, 12:09:16 »
BTW - I see the raised lip now in the pics - hard to see with the black powdercoat.

I'm looking at tanks for my xs650 project - what is the upper frame like on the 650?  From pics I've seen it's a single top tube from the seat all the way to the head.  Looks like it can take a pretty narrow tunnel tank.
"Quality . . . you know what it is, yet you don't know what it is. But that's self-contradictory. But some things are better than others, that is, they have more quality. But when you try to say what the quality is, apart from the things that have it, it all goes poof! There's nothing to talk about. But if you can't say what Quality is, how do you know what it is, or how do you know that it even exists? If no one knows what it is, then for all practical purposes it doesn't exist at all. But for all practical purposes it really does exist."

Offline XS650RR

• Go'n In Deeper ... Come'n Out Harder
« Reply #12 on: Feb 18, 2007, 13:24:10 »
BTW - I see the raised lip now in the pics - hard to see with the black powdercoat.

I'm looking at tanks for my xs650 project - what is the upper frame like on the 650?  From pics I've seen it's a single top tube from the seat all the way to the head.  Looks like it can take a pretty narrow tunnel tank.

Ya it is a single tube from the seat base to the steering head, that why I mentioned in an earllier post that you style of tanks are pretty much endless.
Cheers ... Ian

Offline Uncle Ernie

« Reply #13 on: Feb 18, 2007, 20:03:58 »
Tim, if you check my post at SOHC4 re "help from England". I returned an alloy tank to Unity Equipe that may fit your frame.  ?
Check the pictures, esp the the way the rear of the tank is- boxed in- . If it looks close, you might e-mail them and make an offer. I'm sure it's going to the dumpster, otherwise.  ?
LOOK OUT IT'S COMING THIS WAY!

Offline 71cb750

« Reply #14 on: Feb 18, 2007, 20:18:53 »
Tim, If my memory serves me a yamaha 750 (not sure which) had a longer tank with the knee indents. It is not a full blown aluminum cafe tank but it is almost a direct swap. I imagine the seat wont fit anymore. I am going to ebay to look now. ::)

Offline Tim

• Administrator
  • DTT SUPPORTER
    • DO THE TON
« Reply #16 on: Feb 18, 2007, 20:26:49 »
GS450 tanks seem to be a good match too.  This is on an XS650.