www.bisonmotorsports.com

www.speedmotoco.com

www.cognitomoto.com

www.townmoto.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.Moto-Madness.com

www.pistonsociety.com

QUESTIONS ABOUT THE SITE? TROUBLE REGISTERING? ADMIN@DOTHETON.COM

Author Topic: FRANKENHONDA II the 1982 DOHC CB 750F2 Build  (Read 5721 times)

Offline cb250nproject

Re: FRANKENHONDA II the 1982 DOHC CB 750F2 Build
« Reply #40 on: Jun 21, 2017, 06:19:45 »
Haven't used the Kosos myself, but only heard good things. Will probably be going with them when I get going with my build. Seems like a quality brand. I believe Acewell uses similar setup too.

Remember to set the valve clearances to .005-.006, not down to .002 as the FSM says. At least that seems to be the collective wisdom of the 1100f.net forum :) Too tight especially on the exhaust side risks burning the valves.

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON
Ill have to check out Acewell also, yea i too scoured over the forums and came to the same conclusion as you and left min .006 i think better to have too much than not enough may sound shit but wont fuck the valves.

Hopefully all the shims are ready would be cool to put them in fit the carbs and see if i can fire her up  (very wishful thinking) i really want to hear the Delvic pipes.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using DO THE TON mobile app

Offline cb250nproject

« Reply #41 on: Jun 21, 2017, 06:21:05 »
i had max make me a disc recently, i think it was all water cut, even the holes in it.  not sure how thick the original is, but you could get it made thinner too from stainless, 4mm is fine.  and a bit smaller, to take a smaller caliper.
Hey brad what am i looking at to get a disc done roughly?

Offline LightsOut

« Reply #42 on: Jun 21, 2017, 07:34:37 »
Hopefully all the shims are ready would be cool to put them in fit the carbs and see if i can fire her up  (very wishful thinking) i really want to hear the Delvic pipes.

Now that's something at least I would like to see/hear a video of :)

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

Offline brad black

« Reply #43 on: Jun 21, 2017, 08:01:04 »
Hey brad what am i looking at to get a disc done roughly?

dunno.  i would have got a trade price plus i had some other stuff done and i don't recall what it ended up being.

Offline cb250nproject

« Reply #44 on: Jun 22, 2017, 00:19:19 »
I just messaged the seller for my CR carbs to see what tgey came off, as luck would have it a CB 750 and it was just jetted and tuned hopefully its pretty close to spot on once fitted

Offline esmoojee

« Reply #45 on: Jun 22, 2017, 03:16:12 »
You shouldn’t have to do much with the carbs.  Mine were pre-jetted and it runs like a top.  Just needed a sync.  I read earlier that you may need a steering stabilizer.  I can attest to this, mine’s pretty twitchy without it.  I have a cbr954 front end on it. I ended up buying a ohlins that came off the ninja and had it re-valved.  It cost me a total of $200 with the re-valve.  It was definitely worth it.  It looks good man.  I can’t wait to see when it’s finished.

Offline cb250nproject

« Reply #46 on: Jun 22, 2017, 04:46:36 »
You shouldn’t have to do much with the carbs.  Mine were pre-jetted and it runs like a top.  Just needed a sync.  I read earlier that you may need a steering stabilizer.  I can attest to this, mine’s pretty twitchy without it.  I have a cbr954 front end on it. I ended up buying a ohlins that came off the ninja and had it re-valved.  It cost me a total of $200 with the re-valve.  It was definitely worth it.  It looks good man.  I can’t wait to see when it’s finished.
Thats cool do you have photos of the dampener installed ?

Offline esmoojee

« Reply #47 on: Jun 22, 2017, 13:12:12 »
Not currently. Ill try to take some tonight. I had a tab welded to the steering stop off the steering neck and a stabilizer clamp on the fork.

Offline cb250nproject

« Reply #48 on: Jun 22, 2017, 18:05:16 »
Not currently. Ill try to take some tonight. I had a tab welded to the steering stop off the steering neck and a stabilizer clamp on the fork.
Awesome always interested to seebhow others overcome these issues, how much shorter were the forks you put on compared to stock, i think there was 4cm difference in length between stock and gsxr.

I was looking at second hand gsxr dampners can puck them up fairly cheap, then for shits and giggles typed in ohlins 😨 get what you pay for i guess, be a bit out of my budget.

Offline esmoojee

« Reply #49 on: Jun 22, 2017, 23:05:11 »
I think my shocks are the same length as yours. They should be the same as a gsxr.  I believe they’re 27.5” in length.