cb350 carb not filling with gas

Marcthedesigner

Im pulling my hair out with this one.

Its seems like a simple problem, but after cleaning and rebuilding my carbs (Keihin 3D), the float bowls will not fill with gas. They are bone dry. the carbs inside are spotless, no gunk, and i can blow air in the fuel inlet, as well as slides working smoothly. I have replaced my petcock and put on new fuel lines (this was more about trouble shooting, put on slightly smaller fuel lines so the connection with petcock and carbs is sealed nicely.....didnt help), but gas only seems to want to fill the bottom of the fuel line, and not up the other side into the carb. The fuel inlet into the carb is from the bottom of the carb so there is no other way for me to route the fuel lines. When i unplug the fuel lines from the carbs and open my petcock, fuel runs smoothly. In fact if i only take off one fuel line, open the petcock, the fuel sort of flows into other carb.

I have tried "Priming" the fuel lines which seems to work until the fuel runs out, it will randomly rev up and down and then just cut out when gas runs out. I am completely baffled. The tank itself is half full and should be enough pressure to push the fuel into the carb. It sort of just creates a bubble before going into the carb, and a bubble close to the petcock when the line should be full of fuel, or at least full enough to push the fuel into the carb. Yes i have tried this both with the gas cap on and off.

Im at a loss for ideas right now.

Please help.
Marc

Is it possible that one of the air vents of the carb is blocked?
Make sure to blow trough every orifice and vent.
Try to fill the carbs with a funnel directly into the gas line (removing tank and petcock from the equasion).

Gesendet von meinem SM-A310F mit Tapatalk

Ryan Stecken said:
Is it possible that one of the air vents of the carb is blocked?
Make sure to blow trough every orifice and vent.
Try to fill the carbs with a funnel directly into the gas line (removing tank and petcock from the equasion).

Gesendet von meinem SM-A310F mit Tapatalk
Good thinking. I will double check and make sure those vents are clean. I know the petcock works perfect when not connected to carb.

Sent from my E6853 using DO THE TON mobile app

Back
Top Bottom