Clutch/Tranny issue

mf400209

Hey folks, I've got a 73' cb350. Here's the problem. The bike starts great and seems to shift fine. In neutral it rolls free, as it should. I can shift down into first without a problem, except that the bike then starts to move forward and stalls. I've removed the clutch cover and rearranged the plates with a little bit of oil rubbed on each one and nothing seemed to change. With the bike turned off and in 1st gear with the clutch pulled in, I can move the bike forward but there is a ton of resistance and a clicking noise. I can see the clutch plates separate and it seems as though all the parts act as they should. I think this resistance is why the bike stalls out but I can't figure it out for the life of me. I have done the clutch adjustment to spec as well. Could there be a transmission issue? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Do you have the ball bearing in the center of the clutch mechanism? They often get lost or misplaced and not replaced or missed when reassembling.

#21 in the diagram.

https://www.cmsnl.com/honda-cb350k4-super-sport-1972-usa_model433/partslist/E10.html#results

Hey TheCoffeeGuy, thanks for the response. Yes the ball bearing is in there. It still just seems like my clutch plates are creating too much friction still when the clutch is pulled. Maybe my clutch adjustment is a tad off. Any other ideas? When I find the solution I'll be sure to post what it was in case anyone else has a similar problem.

if you can get to each gear when the bike is not running there is little chance its the tranny. Can you adjust the clutch till there is NO engagement?

so I would take a turn back and try it then,, maybe a half turn each time. It should lock in a the right place. Are you using a stock or aftermarket cable? is it one with an adjuster in the middle? or just the two ends?

Back
Top Bottom