ANY HELP WELCOME!!! CB350 Clutch Actuator Clicking

Pat383ram

Hi guys, I am having a little trouble with my "clutch actuator". I found a good tutorial online and did everything just like it said, but when I drop it into first gear out of neutral it stalls out before I even release my left hand lever. It is also making a clicking sound when I pull the clutch lever all the way... any help would be great I'd really love to take a ride on this thing before I'm a foot in snow :)

Are you 100% certain that the ball #21 is in place? Clutch adjustment should be simple following the procedure in the manual, although it can be finicky.

E13344010.gif

The clicking means that you are over rotating the mechanism.
What cable are you using?
OEM cable should just be an adjustment issue.
Motion Pro cable, the outer sheath is too long. Removing one of the adjuster nuts, at the cover, I was able to get it to work.

Also once you adjust the clutch pull as mentioned above the clutch plates may be sticking a little if the bike hasn't been run in a million years even if it was a complete engine rebuild. My cb450 kept trying to take off on me at first until the clutch played got used to the idea of sliding on each other.

Step one setting the clutch for the first time is to pull that cover off the side of the bike and look at the angle of the actuator arm when all adjustments are slacked, IE each adjuster screwed all the way into the cover and the handle.

If that arm is not pointed down at a 45ish degree angle and the spring the pulls it down somewhat loose then you have issues with your cable being too short. What this does is when you pull the lever you over extend the arm which causes it to jump over to the next set of ramps inside the actuator without actually pushing in the clutch rod enough.

Fix is as stated above remove one of the lock nuts in the new cable, order an OEM from the factory, or lube and put the original back on. Adjusted correctly they will never POP.

^^ what he said. You shouldn't feel any resistance in the lever until at least like 20% pulled. Should be nice and loose. Remove that upper locknut and follow the manual procedure verbatim.

Back
Top Bottom