Fuel Cock Leaking!! CARBS

juliomarz

I need your help! The Fuel cock overflow tube keeps leaking every time I turn on the bike and open the petcock. It doesn't leak when its off, it only leaks when the bike is running specially when I run it or in neutral. None of the carbs are leaking is just the overflow tube from the fuel cock vacuum (I think that's what is called). I already removed the carbs, cleaned them, everything is fine and moving right. I am running out of ideas. Please help.
Thank you.

Attachments

• IMG-4962.JPG
    IMG-4962.JPG
    966.6 KB · Views: 280
  • IMG-4963.JPG
    IMG-4963.JPG
    634.3 KB · Views: 287
  • IMG-4971.JPG
    IMG-4971.JPG
    762.3 KB · Views: 282
That looks like the vacuum fuel valve and if it's leaking, the assembly needs to be repaired or replaced. If it only leaks when the bike is running it's probably not a leak in the diaphragm but an O ring leak.

So do you suggest I just buy a new vaccuum fuel valve? I've read that some people just take this valve off and run the fuel line straight to the carbs, what do you think?

If the fuel tap has an OFF position as well as ON and REServe, you could blank off the vacuum line and connect the tap straight to the carbs. If not, look for a repair kit or replacement shutoff valve or possibly a replacement manual fuel tap.

Don't run the fuel line without a petcock... Well, unless you want to fill your engines bottom end with fuel. The petcock leaks in the "ON" and "RES" positions? Sounds like it may need to rebuild or replacement.

The petcock is fine, it works good and it doesn't leak. What is leaking is that part as shown on the top picture, you see that part with the overflow hose hanging? That overflow hose keeps leaking.

Heres a video of the leak, it leaks even more when im riding it.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2mODGzdv-LYci11TmN0WnRNZlk

I understand now! Apologies! I'd agree with Teazer's first post. I had one with a dried up O-ring, replaced it and problem solved.

Ok I see! I will try to replace the o ring. I hope that fixes it! Thanks!...btw, might be a dumb question but where exactly is the O ring?

Back
Top Bottom