Distinguished Gentlemen's Ride - Oxford 2017

NoRiders

Over 1,000 Posts
Oxford DGR was a blast, highest turnout outside of London we're told. Well organised, marshalls directing the convoy and all set out well. Generous primary meeting area, staging/catch up points and a midway break were all good.

Final destination was a pub with a mahoosive car park and extra beer servery laid on for the rush....still long queues but no issues.

Rendevous - Peartree services A34.

mZz9tDu.jpg

Sun was out...

OwcAGPv.jpg

Enroute...I'm in red trews, my lad in the brown suit.

jf1zrEB.jpg

Destination pub, The Victoria Arms in Marston, car park. Just a snap shot of 1/4 of the riders.

0iwExUE.jpg

All in all a great day out.

Chatted to guys who run Herald bikes, from Northampton, who had been to London last year, but chose to attend Oxford which they preferred. I heard London DGR were fully subscribed and suggesting riders pick an out of town DGR.

themountain said:
So awesome....I was part of the last ride in BCN..lots of brits over there :)

It's a big thing over here with huge support. The Oxford ride was the largest outside of London, 450 bikes I'm told...wowser.

Here's a few more images that have filtered through the web.

Alongside me was an awesome XT500 thumping along and rattling my ribcage, lovely.
skBYsPU.jpg

I look like a barrister on my way to court...

YHcEjFS.jpg

Through the old part of Oxford city...

Ka7mVsm.jpg

I didn't mean for them to fuck off haha!

1f9TKgk.jpg

This military combo unit is owned by the father of my son's best friend and was easy to follow as well as gaining a lot of attention...

7mdNgoY.jpg

This one gives you some idea of the numbers, we were not at the front and the tail snaked way back.

7gRe9ZB.jpg

Thanks for checking in....BCN?

Halfway through the welding and I’m now about average in terms of welding skills. But with a bit of dressing and a thick layer of powder coat it’ll look good. Still to weld are the rear LH foot peg mount, seat mounting points and rear light bracket.
ForKs are rechromed, brake calliper rebuilt, waiting for wheels.

Attachments

• B38F47F6-1FC5-4106-9515-2D3B5679F41B.jpeg
    B38F47F6-1FC5-4106-9515-2D3B5679F41B.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 273
Back
Top Bottom