Walnut Shell Blasting

CarbsAndCylinders

Careful With That Axe Eugene
Not sure if this is the proper location for this story but I think people should know about it.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/edmonton-walnut-death-work-site-1.4368171

That's crazy.
In my wood shop 99% of the wood we use is Walnut.
I'm not sure if the wood has the same effect as the nuts though.

You're cool matey. There's a chemical protein thingy present in the nuts and that's what gets you.

I dont carry an epi pen, but im very careful and carry tablets. 13 year old girl over the road from me died from this a few years ago, despite the frantic efforts of myself and a paramedic to try and safe her. Its serious shoot if you're one of those affected.

I'M not allergic to nuts at all but the oil in walnut is pretty intense. I cut some green walnut logs into boards a couple months ago and that produced a rash on my skin and my eyes were bloodshot. I was wearing a respirator thankfully.

doc_rot said:
I'M not allergic to nuts at all but the oil in walnut is pretty intense. I cut some green walnut logs into boards a couple months ago and that produced a rash on my skin and my eyes were bloodshot. I was wearing a respirator thankfully.

Yep it affect people differently. I have no issue with it, but we had an employee have to leave because of the same, rash and itchy eyes all the time.

Back
Top Bottom