Mikuni carb help, kz650

11:11

Hey guys I'm tryin to get my basketcase 78 kz650c2 to atleast sputter a bit. I spent about 3 days cleaning and rebuilding my carbs. Now got it all assembled poured some fuel in to check for leaks. No leaks but when I move the linkage no fuel squirts out. This normal on these carbs. I've only dealt with a cv off a sportster and a couple of holley 4 barrels for cars. Gettin a little discouraged on this multi carb thing. One is hard enough let alone 4. Now I havent had it mounted on the engine yet (Still finishing up the wiring) but do these work on suction from the down stroke of the piston? Seems weird but hell I don't know. :-\

Yes, the Mikuni VM's work on the vacuum from the down stroke. Once you get it running good, be sure to sync them.

Best of luck.

HOLY expletive THATS AWESOME. Thank you soo much! Now to just rig up some wiring and see if I feel lucky.

If you run into any issues a couple of good resources (if your not already aware of them) are kzrider.com for KZ stuff (including carbs) and Vintage Bike Tech Forum for all things with vintage bikes, but especially for carb questions as the owner of the site is a carb master.

Back
Top Bottom