NEED INSURANCE.

cb 550 guy

have a good day dude
Hi Guys
i need insurance. I got quoted at 828.0 for the year.
the thing i dont like that they want it in lum sum or in three payments.
i use to have it monthly.
your help will be appereciated
yasir

Where are you located? I got quoted for $328 liability and $378 full cover for a year. Have you called Progressive yet?

http://www.progressive.com/

With the lump sum payment you avoid paying the finance charge. I also found that you cannot cancel your insurance and get a refund lets say during the winters (storage) months. I only checked with progressive so far.

try statefarm

should be about a buck a cc ...and they deal w. vintage bikes

..there's a few others,...somewhere in burlington i think...but my brain's full of work stuff right now.

Also you want to try JR Duffy Insurance. They insure older bikes with Jevco. I pay $550 a year for my 1975 BMW 750. It will be a bit less for the 550 (should be under $500 I think). I pay $230 for my wife's 2001 Vino.

Both of these rates are for liability only - no coverage if the bike is stolen, damaged etc. (unless it's someone else's fault and then their insurance would cover my damage).

http://www.johnduffyinsurance.com/

I've had my insurance with them for years. You pay once per year. I'm going to call Statefarm myself out of curiousity thought.

Dalton Timmins Classic Bike Insurance = $350/yr full coverage including theft. You just need to have bike apprasied. Thats about $150.

You also need to have had your full M for a number of years, and your bike has to be over 30 years old. Just so you know. Might also have to be in 'original' condition.

BC has great classic bike insurance, but I'm pretty sure your bike has to be totally original, including paint etc.

Here's it's easy...

Stop in at ANY insurance broker...

Get your MPI insurance...

cough up a MINIMUM of $1'100 for the SEASON for ANY bike over 400cc

That covers you for the minimum stuff and gives you $1000 if you bike goes bye-bye.

... I don't want to know what a guy with 5 demerits riding a $30'000 HD with full replacement coverage is paying... but I bet it's more than I paid for Mojo!

Man that sucks. Move to Toronto and buy a $500,000 house so you can save $500 on insurance ;)

Tintin said:
Man that sucks. Move to Toronto and buy a $500,000 house so you can save $500 on insurance ;)

You can still buy a house for $500'000 there?

Wow... let me guess... half a duplex :D

Here that will get you ~3000 sqft on the river ;D

I'm payin $230 a year on my seca.

$500,000 Liability.

(And not combined with any other [car / house] insurance... and I have a speeding ticket and an accident on my record)

I had insurance for about two weeks when I got a call saying.

"The company is cancelling your insurance, the bike is too old!" Next quote was $250 more!

I guess I may be selling the bike :( Just can't justify the numbers they want for a summer toy, haven't got that kinda cash..

Don

Kingsway.

Broker said everyone missed the bikes age DUH!!! It's not like it isn't written right there on the policy. Bad enough to have to hunt like crazy to find a company to insure you, but to have them do it and yank the plug weeks later sucks HUGE!!!

Before I bought the bike I got a quote from my broker for $530. Two months later when I went to get the insurance the price was suddenly a hundred more. Pissed me off but I bit the bullet and paid. Now this! So much for customer service, especially when I've been with them for years.

Next quote she got me was for $883 from Jevco. Considering the last bike I had ten years ago cost me about $250 and I was complaining then. Pretty rediculous price for a 30 year old piece of crap I can only ride for a few months. When I read the posts from the States I could puke!

Don

Back
Top Bottom