Who has multiple builds going at once?

guernz

Been Around the Block
I can't seem to stay focused on one project and finish it. After a week or two, I'm digging something else out to work on and so on. Never quit the project, just move it to the side for a couple weeks or months. I'm not complaining about it. I enjoy working on them this way. Just wondering how many other people work like this.

Not motorbikes, but I have a car engine and suspension transplant, and a vintage bicycle restoration all on the go. Can't stop fiddling ;)

I used to, but I realized I never really finished anything doing that. Now I only work on one at a time even if I collect some parts for another.

My buddy Greg is bringing his 9yo son to spend next weekend w us.

While Greg is busy welding stuff for Piglet.

Em Bob and I plan to...

Hook up new air compressor...
Install new clutch discs, springs, drive sprocket, drill and tap left pillion for 10mm mirror, install luggage box to rear carrier and new gel pad for seat in Piglet...
New windscreen, brake lines and dig into wiring and disconnect the clock on BMW...
Cut and mod sealed beam headlamp for LED conversion, install a new kickstand switch and repair cracked vinyl on CB400 backrest.
Remove rocker panels, replace w moulded rocker panel/running boards and splash guards, install harness for trailer lights on Toyota, Sienna.
Chop some wood for Saturday eve wienie roast...

Clean up 1980 CM200 Twinstar to sell.

Not doing "yet" but have everything for...378 conversion going in Cherry Bomb.

My projects are never finished and always being tinkered with. It's a never ending pit of self loathing, booze, and occasional mediocrity. I do enjoy it though.

Right now I am trying to button up my RD, my wife's RD, and I am building a new controller for my milling machine. I'll probably also pull the table of the mill and adjust the X ballnut. From there I'll finish up the machining on my new in house designed/machined dampers as well as a bunch of machining on customer's dampers. Then I want to install two new light fixtures in the garage, two recessed fixtures in the basement over the laundry, and once that's all done I'm sure the grass will be 2 feet tall and I'll have to mow three times to get that under control. At that point i'll be three weeks behind "schedule" and will get back to the RD's.

Sav0r said:
Then I want to install two new light fixtures in the garage, two recessed fixtures in the basement over the laundry, and once that's all done I'm sure the grass will be 2 feet tall and I'll have to mow three times to get that under control.

Funny I mowed grass yesterday evening AND now currently taking a break adding 2 new light fixtures in garage. 8)

CB360 project
VT500 ascot project (sidelined until the 360 is buttoned up for riding. Needs a head gasket or an engine overhaul.)

Outside of motorbikes I've got:

• Rewiring the integrated charging system I installed into an old Nishiki road bike turned commuter.
  • Building a new chain tensioner for the nishiki to allow for enough slack to shift the front ring (waiting on a part from china)
  • Adding the front shifter for half step gearing on the Nishiki.
  • Install cab over lights on my Honda Element.
  • Spacing the rear suspension components on the element to fix the rear suspension geometry after a 4" spring lift.
  • making my own Desert Water Bag for the CB360
  • Redesign and manufacture a new seat for the CB360
  • Raised flower bed for the back yard (we rent).
  • I manufacture fuse covers for the VT500 ascot and a few other bikes. They are just bent acrylic, but people seem to want them.
Starting my own business which is it's own project on its own. Gonna let people come in and mess around with CNC machines kinda like it's a build a bear workshop. Should be interesting. Tons of projects for that. [/size]

I am currently working on my xv, building a deck for my new boat, fixing up a classic bench buffer, rewiring the boat trailer, setting up the electrical system for the boat, building a 7ft high fence and gate and working on the BSAki.

I always have way to much on the go.

I have 3 going currently. I am getting som3 motivation to finish the 350F. 2 gsxr's...the 98 on here and an 02 1000 I can't seem to make run again :mad: I am not touchin the KZ till I have another one finished...then it may get a makeover.

CB350F needs tin paint, CB750 needs carbs reinstalled and a bunch of work, bicycle sitting on the bars and seat, riding mower needs tires, push mower needs needle valve and pull string........deck lattice work, storage building siding rot replace..................just on and on and on.

Finally got tired of seeing the 350 looking like a skeleton, I put the tank on, fueled it up and fired her for the first time in a few years.

Ran well with the new pipes.

Not so much as multiple builds going on, but definitely when one gets held up by parts on order and/or money, I'll start something else in the meantime.
For example, while waiting on parts for the wifes Rebel, I started on my Bros RD400. While Bro was at the hunting camp last weekend, I built the ramp for the shop and a garden border/flowerbox on the front of the house. So far this weekend, I've R&R'd the entire fuel system on a buddies YJ, and finished the last bit of stripdown on the RD400 parts that are heading to powdercoat this week.
I'm not usually one to just sit around and do nothing, and there always seems like there's something to do.

Oh, I forgot the 2 trucks in the back yard that need love too, 90 Mighty Max and 84 Dodge D-50, both needing different degrees of work, but driveable .

And the SL350 I'm working on too.

A few of the things im building

Attachments

• 20180427_161653.jpg
    20180427_161653.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 228
  • 20180417_030916.jpg
    20180417_030916.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 246
  • 20180327_110842.jpg
    20180327_110842.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 237
  • 20180417_130058.jpg
    20180417_130058.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 233
I've got the XV750 to put a new head on again and figure out WTF it loses oil sometimes, GL1000 needs timing done and a once over for the season, Redoing an 84 Coleman popup camper. gutted it, needs new floor installed and I'm building a new kitchen, just made an MEK and ABS slurry to fix a bunch of cracks and holes in the front. building some props for the son's newest cosplay, just fixed his 3D printer, had a bad thermister....... need to do the stone floors and new tub in the master bath, getting new counters in the kitchen so will be putting a stone backslash up after that..... probably 20 more things I have to do too.

I can't imagine doing one project at a time until completion. I'm working on paint for my chopper, A kx60 motor build, prepping for building another YZF750R build, just got an HD FXR to get running, I painted my kz750 frame over the weekend, built a computer, cleaned my barn.

Hmmm... let's see here:

Honda CJ360
Yamaha R5
Suzuki T500
Puch Maxi
Honda CB350

Yup... five right now.

I'm resisting the urge to buy the NSU Quickly that I've seen for sale. Mrs Limey is pretty easy going, but any more unfinished vehicles is liable to result in bedroom privileges being withdrawn.

I have a '75 GL1000 that gets pulled out of the barn every few months to work on. My '79 Chevy C10 is an ongoing project I drive regularly. My CB750 chopper has moved back to the front of the line since my BMW F650 is basically done. My '78 BMW R100/7 also has not seen completion, but it is also a regular rider. And finally, my 1970 Plymouth Roadrunner is an ongoing project that gets worked on every summer and will probably take the next 10 years to finish. I figure the day I have no more projects to work on is the day I die.

ughhhh way way to many to even list easier to list what is done

but my wifes ct110 is up and running so now we can go trail riding in uwharrie

my Valkyrie is "finished" shiny and a beast rode 350 miles to meltdown and back on saturday very comfortable

81 gl1100 off to a new home all done

cx650 done

another one awaiting pick up

gl500 veteran project up and running phase one complete

cb100 coming off the lift today

cb750 done and gone

my other dohc 750 will be complete and leaving next weekend

so i have made it through a few

Back
Top Bottom