Repairs in GTA

Huckleberry

I'm looking for someone to do repairs in the GTA. I want to get riding and am getting impatient trying to figure out what's wrong with my bike myself. I'm looking for a recommendation of a person or shop who can pick up and service a '76 CB550 for me. Preferrably in the next few days. Suggestions would be appreciated.
Huck.

Huck - sorry I've been MIA for a while. What's the current state of the union? I might be able to sneak out one night this weekend to have a look for a few hours.

rphilli550 said:
describe some symptoms the bike is having

Well, initially after getting it I started it once, forgot to turn off the fuel, and haven't been able to start it since. One of the carb overflows leaks gas after ever time I attempt to start to start it (maybe 20 ml or so each time).
I pulled the tank off to change the plugs, and now, I can't seem to get one of the plugs out (the other 3 no problem), coincidentally or not the one I can't get out belongs to the cylinder of the carb bowl with the overflow issue. I'm sure it's something simple, but I'm currently preoccupied with studying for an exam I have to write in June, so just don't have the time to figure it out.

Tintin said:
Huck - sorry I've been MIA for a while. What's the current state of the union? I might be able to sneak out one night this weekend to have a look for a few hours.

Sure, let me know if you can make it one night.

BTW - 109 Cycle worked on that bike for me a while back. I paid them to rebuild the carbs (not the set that is on the bike, which frankly are better) and rebuild the engine the first time around. The idiot I had do my valve job forgot to put the new seals on so it started burning oil again the next spring.

I bought a fresh set of pistons/rings/cylinders etc. and did it all over again, this time myself and had www.conceptsonwheels.com do the machine work and valve job. Paid a fortune ($600 for machine work/valve job) but well worth it. They know what they are doing and I got 150psi across all 4 cylinders.

I'll talk to the wife and try to sneak out one night. I'll let you know tomorrow.

Okay, so I woke up early this morning to give the plug one more try - I had to hammer the socket onto it - and it finally came out. Pulled the socket out, pulled the plug out, new plug is in, things are going well, or so it would seem... but now I can't get the socket out of the hole. This sounds damn foolish but I wrestled with it for over an hour this morning and it keeps butting up against part of the engine body. It's particularly odd because the new plugs are identical to the old ones and it came out over and over again with the old plug.
Someone must have gone through something like this before and have advice to offer. what do I need to do here? WD-40?

Back
Top Bottom