Gas Tank Sealer

Cafe_to_go

Coast to Coast
Hey guys, do you know what I can use to seal a gas tank? I am looking for something I can buy an autopart store to avoid paying shipping cost. I went to a NAPA store today, but they didn't have anything because they are of more a marine parts store.

Do you mean remove rust and then make the tank rust-proof after? I've used POR15 products with good success. Some swear by all manner of method to remove rust, including mollasses if you can stand it!

Toilet bowl cleaner, oxalic acid, you name it, it's been tried. POR15 works for me and might be available at a car place as they primarily make products for the automotive industry.

I second that.. Por-15 is the way to go.
TIm did my cb750f that...(that I've decided to chop for another caff seat).. and the lining if rock solid, unlike that Kream stuff that like plastic rubber...

http://www.por15canada.com/can/index.htm

Or you can get it on ebay.

N

oh...I was kidding about chopping that cb750f tank!!.. LOL...someone call 911.. Tim just passed out!!.. LOL!!!

Just about. I had to scroll down to see your follow up post. Was about to dial the last 0 in your number.

Back
Top Bottom