NEED A MACHINE SHOP - Valve job, cylinder honing, bead blasting etc.

Tim

Administrator
Staff member
So the top end of the 650 is ready to go to the machine shop.

Need a valve job
Cylinders / pistons checked - if good just a hone on the cylinders
Everything cleaned up - bead blast cases, clean up pistons etc. Want all the black paint gone.

I'd take it straight to Concepts on Wheels as they did the work on my 550, and I ended up with perfect 150psi across all four cylinders at the end, and that was cold, freshly assembled. Broken in and warm it likely got better.

Anyhow, if there's somewhere else to go that might be more economical ;) I'd be interested in hearing about it. Somewhere in the GTA.

He used to be the Bush in Leitner & Bush before they became Concepts on Wheels and he took off to do his own thing.

Didn't know that - looking forward to next week and seeing the parts all cleaned up etc. Lots of blow-by on the pistons and some scoring. Hopefully I won't need new oversize pistons but I'm not holding my breath.

Might spend the extra $160 or so that it would cost for two new pistons + bore vs. just new rings and a hone regardless seeing as the engine is opened up anyhow..

Gord built the engine on my Superbike back in the early 80's .... man I loved that biike !! I've know Gord for 30 years now

IansGS1000Superbike.jpg

cb 550 guy said:
hi do you have any contact info for him
thanks yasir

Gord Bush Performance
Address : 49 Fima Crescent, Etobicoke, ON M8W 3R1
Telephone : 416-259-9700

Back
Top Bottom