sh!tbox CM400 project. 4/30 ttfn

Re: CM400 Brat... New pics, update 8/26

my94f2 said:
is it just the pics or do them wheels look huge?

I thought the same thing... They look pretty big in person too... They're just factory hawk wheels blacked out, must be a combination af the paint and the height!! lol

hey man,
awesome project!!!! i am building a similar one out of a cm200t 1980 with a 1982 eng up grade for the electronic ign.
i have cut the rear off same as you, and used same square tubing as you, but i welded the tube to the frame with the
nuts and washer on tight first. and the capped the end of the frame where it was cut. capped the top of the tubes and will
mount the signals there, and i am making a license plate bracket that will hold the brake light as well.
how much did you drop the frt????? i was going to do that, but opt to keep it up and put the original bars back on with them
bent to look like ape's. had straight bar on it but did'nt want to go through the hassle of new cables..
any way, looks good. really would like to see more, more, more..i like these types of builds.
good work.
later..

supercafe said:
hey man,
awesome project!!!! i am building a similar one out of a cm200t 1980 with a 1982 eng up grade for the electronic ign.
i have cut the rear off same as you, and used same square tubing as you, but i welded the tube to the frame with the
nuts and washer on tight first. and the capped the end of the frame where it was cut. capped the top of the tubes and will
mount the signals there, and i am making a license plate bracket that will hold the brake light as well.
how much did you drop the frt????? i was going to do that, but opt to keep it up and put the original bars back on with them
bent to look like ape's. had straight bar on it but did'nt want to go through the hassle of new cables..
any way, looks good. really would like to see more, more, more..i like these types of builds.
good work.
later..

Thanks man!!

It's about 3" lower in the front, forks still have full travel. I picked up a plato solder pot for cheap to do my cables but the place I was going to get ends from closed up shop. As soon as I can find a supplier they'll be shotened!! The plan is to just use the squre tubing for now so I can get it on the road before winter, hopefully next spring it will be a "true hardtail" lol!!!

But if not I'll happily run it like this!! More pics soon!!

hey man,

i have gone for a ride already with the rear set up, even with the tires on now it is not that bad.
what tires are you useing????
i think i'm going with the fire stones, maybe white walls?
going about 4.5 on the 17's.
any way, whaen you get some pics post up..
i'll take some of mine to show you what i've done.
later.

Been kinda slow moving... work and working on the house have been at the top of my list!!

Ordered the seat pan today, decided to go with one of the accufast2d ones!!
I'll take pics and let everyone about the quality when it gets here!!

supercafe - my rear is a 180, it's just under 4.5". They're just cheng shins that came on the hawk wheels. I'll probably go fiestone whenever these need replaced (they're brand new lol)

Re: CM400 Brat... Seat pan ordered 9/5

Ooooh, I can't wait to see that seatpan on that bike! :eek:

I love how this one's turning out! How is the seating position with the stock foot controls and the clip ons?

Can't wait to see what it looks like with the seatpan!

goodfornothing said:
I love how this one's turning out! How is the seating position with the stock foot controls and the clip ons?

Can't wait to see what it looks like with the seatpan!

Seating position is not too bad, about to order som 2" springs for the seat...

I can't wait to hack off the rear section and ditch the swingarm come winter... I don't know why but the struts make me unhappy lol

Thanks for the comments!!

I cant wait to see how your seat turns out. I think it will be sweet! Glad to hear your got it ordered from accufast. They look real nice!

Re: CM400 Brat... Seat pan here 9/10

Seat came in today!!!

Looks great, accufast does killer work!!

Bed now, I have to work in the am, pics tommorrow night!!!

Finally have a couple days off work after tommorrow...

Re: CM400 Brat... Seat pan opinions... 9/11

Opinions....

I think the pan looks to big for the bike. Agree, disagree, set the bike on fire... lmk
2" springs hopefully will be here tommorrow...

pics

P1010081.jpg

P1010082.jpg

P1010083.jpg

P1010085.jpg

Worst case at least I have a nice pan for a future build lol

Ahhh! I think it looks good! I really like the stance. That smaller headlight and beefy wheels sets it off.
What are you using as the rear fender?

Thanks man, I'm still not sold on the pan though... lol, Guess I'll sleep on it and take a another look in the morning!!
Def gonna need rear sets though, it's a stretch to the clip ons with the seat where it is in the pics

Rear fender is the front fender from a GL1000 Goldwing.. I dig them since they have the rib running down the center!!

I dig the seat big time, but I kind of see what you mean. It's a little wide at the back (like the seat on my own bike.) I'm into the "narrower" look of seats myself. But it isn't drastic or any thing weird looking. It does indeed look like a good match for this bike, however. I give the thumbs up.

The side profile looks wicked. On the back I was iffy, but the seat lines up with the rigid tailend.

Good fit. How big is your ass? Comfort has something to do with it too..right?

I kind of like the big seat pan. With the lower back end, all the lines are flowing down to that point, then they sort of collect at the seat and complete the look. It sort of looks like it has hips, which is a cool effect and reminds me of the new Dodge Charger and Challenger. I love the hips on those cars.

hey man,
ya i dig the seat pan my self, it might be millimeters to big on the ass end but over all looks great on the frame and tank.
what type of cover are you using????
can't wait to see what it looks like with the springs, i think once the seat is covered and the springs in place, you will see
you might like the look, just my 2 cents..
any way i to give it a thumbs up...
later.

Thanks for the input!! Keep it coming!!

Didn't have time for bike work today...

Hanging drywall in the future daughters room owned me today, finishing it up tommorrow then hopefully some garage time!! lol

I think that seat is a good fit just the way it is. Somewhat along the lines of what I was thinking for my cm400t. I did similar seat from a tractor pan I cut to size on my Gilera. Looks good though, looking forward to seeing it with springs. Is it stainless? If so use it as is looks cool and raw. -MBS

IMG_1096.jpg

IMG_1094_2.jpg

Looks pretty rad! can you cap of the ends of the frame? I had that done after I hacked mine and it looks a stock and clean that way.

What are the plans for the tank??

Back
Top Bottom